A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Hi from new 2016 Audi A7 3.0T owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi from new 2016 Audi A7 3.0T owner

I'm the proud owner of a new 2016 A7 in sunny Sarasota, FL. Thinking about tuning options like the Armytrix system. Just not sure what the best tuning choices are for an A7 to up HP and sound -- that fit the 2016 A7. Any pointers would be appreciated.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by timnilson
I'm the proud owner of a new 2016 A7 in sunny Sarasota, FL. Thinking about tuning options like the Armytrix system. Just not sure what the best tuning choices are for an A7 to up HP and sound -- that fit the 2016 A7. Any pointers would be appreciated.
welcome aboard. I'm still in love with mine after almost two years. I have the awe exhaust and very pleased with it. Armytrix wasn't around at the time, but when I listen to it it sounds abnoxiously loud like when teens put catbacks on their class b cars. The awe is audible when needed and cabin noise is only a little louder than stock.

Only other comment is that we all have our own opinions about our cars. So the most important thing is doing to your car what you want to do that makes you happy with it. For example, my final mod will be to change my bumper to the rs7 as well as rocker panels for a more aggressive look. That plus Xpel will likely set me back close to 10k, but as I plan on keeping it for a long time, that's fine for me as it is a purchased vehicle. Will be getting extended warranty in about 2 yrs as well so not going to tune it (would have gone with giac 2.o intake etc like Feralc did which with the exhaust brings it up to about the same hp as the S7.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Mitodad
welcome aboard. I'm still in love with mine after almost two years. I have the awe exhaust and very pleased with it. Armytrix wasn't around at the time, but when I listen to it it sounds abnoxiously loud like when teens put catbacks on their class b cars. The awe is audible when needed and cabin noise is only a little louder than stock.

Only other comment is that we all have our own opinions about our cars. So the most important thing is doing to your car what you want to do that makes you happy with it. For example, my final mod will be to change my bumper to the rs7 as well as rocker panels for a more aggressive look. That plus Xpel will likely set me back close to 10k, but as I plan on keeping it for a long time, that's fine for me as it is a purchased vehicle. Will be getting extended warranty in about 2 yrs as well so not going to tune it (would have gone with giac 2.o intake etc like Feralc did which with the exhaust brings it up to about the same hp as the S7.
Thanks for your valuable feedback. Exactly what I was looking for. Will take a look at the Awe exhaust.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey guys! Welcome! I am also a proud owner of a new 2016 A7 3.0T. I am tinting it next week and want to see what are the other good things I can do with the car. How much does a personal vagcom or diagnostic tool cost to manipulate some of the settings?
Old 03-29-2015, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Exactly what I was looking for. Will take a look at the Awe exhaust.
For pics of the tips and plasti dip changes follow this link to my original post

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-...y-car-2865834/
Old 03-30-2015, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

I contacted armytrix and was told "we currently don't have confirmation on fitment for the 2016, but it should work out ok". The rep did say they would know better in the next month or so.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by gema7
I contacted armytrix and was told "we currently don't have confirmation on fitment for the 2016, but it should work out ok". The rep did say they would know better in the next month or so.
Mmmm. Interesting. That's what I was wondering. I actually like the new 2016 exhaust tips and would not mind then in an upgraded exhaust. Guess I'll have to wait. The awe exhaust seems nice too and more subtle than the armytrix. Also not sure if the awe fits the 2016 A7.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Mmmm. Interesting. That's what I was wondering. I actually like the new 2016 exhaust tips and would not mind then in an upgraded exhaust. Guess I'll have to wait. The awe exhaust seems nice too and more subtle than the armytrix. Also not sure if the awe fits the 2016 A7.
I would check with AWE @ awe-tuning.com. They've been doing work on German cars for years just like Apr and stasis have. Armytrix sounds like a new player to the scene. But this is imho.

Last edited by Mitodad; 03-30-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got a follow up email today confirming fitment on the 2016 models. I also had asked about rectangular exhaust tips cause I too am a fan, they said those aren't offered as of yet.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by gema7
Got a follow up email today confirming fitment on the 2016 models. I also had asked about rectangular exhaust tips cause I too am a fan, they said those aren't offered as of yet.
You can have the stock tips mounted to the new system. It just takes talent and money.

I did check out Armytrix systems when they first started publishing Audi videos. They have developed systems for other higher end cars and the prices ranged from $6000 - $8000.