A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Brakes -2013 a7 have awful squeal

Old 08-06-2014, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes -2013 a7 have awful squeal

Any one else having this problem?

Our a7 has less than 25k miles on it and I've had it back to the dealer service center twice. They claim they cannot reproduce the squeal and suggest stopping 'hard' to deglazed ceramic brakes...blah blah blah.

I don't understand why service dep feels need to reproduce the noise. On the 2nd visit I specifically asked them to apply brake quiet to both front and rear brakes. The service rep said there would be a charge of $350/axle to do that because it is not a warranty issue.

The car practically screams at stop lights and pulling into parking spaces. It makes it really hard to enjoy all of the luxury that the rest of the a7 is.

Before I make a 3rd trip back to service and engage management, I was hoping to get some feedback from other owners.
--Thank you, Jamie
Old 08-06-2014, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamiea621
Any one else having this problem?

Our a7 has less than 25k miles on it and I've had it back to the dealer service center twice. They claim they cannot reproduce the squeal and suggest stopping 'hard' to deglazed ceramic brakes...blah blah blah.

I don't understand why service dep feels need to reproduce the noise. On the 2nd visit I specifically asked them to apply brake quiet to both front and rear brakes. The service rep said there would be a charge of $350/axle to do that because it is not a warranty issue.

The car practically screams at stop lights and pulling into parking spaces. It makes it really hard to enjoy all of the luxury that the rest of the a7 is.

Before I make a 3rd trip back to service and engage management, I was hoping to get some feedback from other owners.
--Thank you, Jamie
Just take the service manager out for a drive and demonstrate it to him!
Old 08-08-2014, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamiea621
The service rep said there would be a charge of $350/axle to do that because it is not a warranty issue.
Originally Posted by fkaufman
Just take the service manager out for a drive and demonstrate it to him!
The $700 price is outrageous. That's a lot of labor hours. It sounds like the service rep is trying to scare you away.

Disc brakes are simple. Every independent shop can apply some paste on the back of the pads for hundreds less.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem at 20k, I took it to the dealership, they blew air on the rotors...they said something like "welcome to german engineering", as if its normal.

It didn't work, so I pitched a fit, and had to tell them Ill file a complaint if they don't fix it, and they ended up replacing the rotors. This is definitely a flaw in the design, so don't give up, and make them cover it.

46k miles and still no squeaks....