A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

How to enable easy access?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 08:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to enable easy access?

I can't find any where to show how to enable easy access feature in my A7, maybe my car doesnt have it?
Old 05-31-2016, 07:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Car:Car Systems:Vehicle SettingsOne of the options shown)

Only gives you the raise steering wheel option on exit. Doesn't move the seat back. Alternatively you can program memory 2 to have the seat go back. But by the time you hold the button and wait for seat to go you could be out of the car.

I just ordered a vagcom cable and the seat back option will be something I will try to find.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Tried that and mine didnt have any. Stupid Audi!!!
Old 06-01-2016, 05:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

In my above post the face was a semi-colon and the option says "Seats". As I said though this only allows the wheel to go up. This does lead me to believe the option is there to have the seat go back. I'll have my cable in a couple of days and a likely answer in a couple of weeks depending on how much I work and golf. Hmmm and the yard I have to work on..
Old 06-02-2016, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Indemand
In my above post the face was a semi-colon and the option says "Seats". As I said though this only allows the wheel to go up. This does lead me to believe the option is there to have the seat go back. I'll have my cable in a couple of days and a likely answer in a couple of weeks depending on how much I work and golf. Hmmm and the yard I have to work on..
I look forward to hearing if you find a way to get the seat to move back when the steering wheel goes up. I can't believe this is not standard. Porsche has it. I looked at a MB C450 AMG and the salesperson told me the wheel and seat both moved but after multiple attempts to make it work he found out only the steering wheel moves too.
This would help to save the sides of the bolsters from being rubbed getting in and out.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

This has come up before in the C7 forums and so far, no one with VCDS has found an option or coding to enable it.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

While I'm not sure I am right I see this as all the cars have the capability. The software includes all of the vehicles. So, all is possible? My '05 Japanese car had it so if I can't figure it out we can embarrass them into it?
Old 06-02-2016, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Embarrass who? Audi? Good luck with that.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just being facetious. I'll work on what some of us want. Although the drivers door is not huge and bringing the seat back may not add to better entry/exit issues. I hope so though. I have noticed with the window down the car is easier to get out of.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

After a quick check after arrival of the cable, it is not as expected. I've made simple changes but menus are not the same as I've seen in the vagcom threads. I'm just going to go through each module to see what I can do. My current expectation is less than high short term.

Quick Reply: How to enable easy access?