A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

How much does an A7 owner earn?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 01:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - I'm just stopping by from the S4 thread where I normally hang out. This is indeed an interesting thread. Affordability is only half the equation - it is also about how much do you want to spend on a car (or any commodity).

Despite the fact that we can happily afford an S4, my wife was rather unhappy at spending so much on a car, arguing that an A4 would be perfectly adequate. And she's right - any basic station wagon would fulfill our transportation needs. But it all came down to my really really wanting an S4. And now it's on order
Old 08-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The income-to-car-payment ratio is drastically different with car enthusiast. If you're on this forum, then you're likely to spend more (and enjoy more). Go for it man.

Not to hate, but what kind of profession are you in that pulls 300K but you're not able make a fairly simple decision like this on your own?
Old 08-15-2011, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by resnone1
The income-to-car-payment ratio is drastically different with car enthusiast. If you're on this forum, then you're likely to spend more (and enjoy more). Go for it man.

Not to hate, but what kind of profession are you in that pulls 300K but you're not able make a fairly simple decision like this on your own?

OP is a partner at a law firm - lawyer I believe.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It is not a simple decision if your trying to be mature and make sure you're family's needs and future goals are being met before you drop $60,000 - 70,000 on what is essentially a toy.

I think the answer to the question is that you have to define future goals for yourself and make sure you're meeting those goals before you can drop that kind of money. My problem is that I've not defined concrete retirement goals (e.g., do I want to retire at 50 and travel the world or work until I'm 65). While I'm debt free, have a very modest house payment, and am saving as much money as I can toward retirement, this purchase decision is pushing me to develop more concrete goals so that I can be comfortable that I'm not sacrificing too much for this purchase.

I'm leaning toward buying next summer after I get my next bonus and paying cash for the car.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I meant "you're", not "your". Where is the damn edit button?

Originally Posted by AudiSomeday
It is not a simple decision if your trying to be mature and make sure you're family's needs and future goals are being met before you drop $60,000 - 70,000 on what is essentially a toy.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiSomeday
I meant "you're", not "your". Where is the damn edit button?
I think you meant both. "You're family" and "your trying"

You work in a law firm? J/K :P
Old 08-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes. That's why it killed me as soon as I saw it!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by b45H1r
IAs an aside, this is the most vocal group (in my experience) when it come to taxes, because if they are very close to the tax jump, then making more money actually makes them poorer.
I'm surprised someone diligent enough survive a surgical residency doesn't understand how marginal tax rates work.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by woolie
I'm surprised someone diligent enough survive a surgical residency doesn't understand how marginal tax rates work.
Please explain.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by woolie
ouch.

Quick Reply: How much does an A7 owner earn?