A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

How much does an A7 owner earn?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 04:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

41, law, $500k - but live in ridiculously expensive NYC suburbs...
Old 05-08-2015, 02:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Okay....this will be the last time I dredge up an ancient thread......I think .

But I'm a new owner and have been going over a lot of old threads.....this one struck me as interesting.

I love how most people just assumed that anyone making 300k can easily afford a $70,000+ vehicle. There are however just WAY too many variables.

Is that gross? What's your age? What's your job security? Family/size/ages?

I gross about the same as the OP. But it comes with major expenses so I net closer to 1/2 that. I'm in my late 40's married and have two kids. One will enter college in year and half....the other is three years behind.

All of which is why I decided to get my A7 CPO and saved over $34,000 off the sticker.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by AudiSomeday
I have absolutely fallen in love with the A7, but am having a hard time thinking about paying nearly $70,000 for a car, particularly when I only drive about 20 miles/day. I have been driving my current car (an Acura TL-Type S) for 10 years which has about 120,000 miles and am just tired of it even though it still runs well.

I know that this might not strictly be on-topic, but how do you determine how much is too much to pay for a car given your salary. Personally, I make about $250-300k/year and live in a relatively low-cost mid-Atlantic city, but it still feels a little extravagant to drop so much money on a car.

It would be helpful for me to understand how others have made the decision of how much is too much to spend on a car and, if you don't mind sharing, understanding what percentage of your income you're willing to spend on a car.
me an dmy wife combine are close to 80k, right now i have '12 TL Tech financed... still looking for an fully loaded A7 or S6... I pay 890/month for TL on financed...so affording A7 is not a question...
Old 05-10-2015, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I too jumped on a used A7 for about 30 k less than a new one and 21K less than when it was new. At times the car seems extravagant but then ended up costing the same as a dodge 3500 dually so perhaps it is not conspicuous consumption.

Love the car even though in 2 months our income will drop 25% due to retirement
Old 05-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

you guys are funny.... apparently (if i read this thread correctly) after you die from your hard work or meticulous decisions you get to comeback...

I know that's not true, so how is it that you can have nearly 4x the cost of the car, as income, and be worried? That to me screams two things; there are a hell of amount of bills or you are trying to save for the apocalypse.

You either save to spend, or you spend to save. I don't make anything near 300k or 200k or even 100k... well i'm closer to 100, however, i saved for 4 years, put a massive down payment and haven't regretted a moment since. With the small note i can get fired and work for a POS company with my salary cut in half and be fine.

If i was making 300k lol, truthfully i would still go with an A7. Its has to be the best all around, all encompassing platform next to the Tesla Model S.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ETAzero
That to me screams two things; there are a hell of amount of bills or you are trying to save for the apocalypse.
Both!

If by bills you mean kids almost in college and if by apocalypse you mean retirement.

Yes we are having fun along the way (I did get an A7.....just a CPO'd one). We also like to travel and would like to keep traveling well into retirement.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Astropin
Both!

If by bills you mean kids almost in college and if by apocalypse you mean retirement.

Yes we are having fun along the way (I did get an A7.....just a CPO'd one). We also like to travel and would like to keep traveling well into retirement.
kids will do it. I'm a traveler too. Mostly cruises...
Old 05-17-2015, 11:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ETAzero
If i was making 300k lol, truthfully i would still go with an A7. Its has to be the best all around, all encompassing platform next to the Tesla Model S.
I have both an A7 and a Tesla P85. There are many tradeoffs between these; I could write a few pages about it. In short, the Tesla electronics, acceleration, and cost to run are better. The A7 looks better, has a better interior, and has better quality about almost everything.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PPedriana
I have both an A7 and a Tesla P85. There are many tradeoffs between these; I could write a few pages about it. In short, the Tesla electronics, acceleration, and cost to run are better. The A7 looks better, has a better interior, and has better quality about almost everything.
That's pretty much the same conclusion I came too. I asked myself, which one do I generally feel better in? That's usually what I use as a tie breaker, so to speak.