A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Interior Light Oddities

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Light Oddities

Just picked up a new 2015 A7 TDI. I have the button pushed on the ceiling console to enable the auto function of the interior center/map lights with door opening/closing. My question is specifically about the function of the center and two outside map lights. I noticed when opening driver's door - only the driver's side round map light and center rectangular light comes on, yet when opening the either rear door, or the passenger door, generally all the map lights (both outside round and center rectangular) come on. Seems that once, if I recall, when opening the passenger door, only the passenger side light and rectangular center came on - but usually all are coming on with all door openings with the exception of opening the driver's door.

Every car I've owned up until this point has had all interior lights illuminate with any door opening. Audi is very intuitive and may have this programed uniquely for the driver's door for some reason (slightly more focus of light on the driver?). Anyone else with an A7 notice this pattern? Thank you for your time.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by broudav
Just picked up a new 2015 A7 TDI. I have the button pushed on the ceiling console to enable the auto function of the interior center/map lights with door opening/closing. My question is specifically about the function of the center and two outside map lights. I noticed when opening driver's door - only the driver's side round map light and center rectangular light comes on, yet when opening the either rear door, or the passenger door, generally all the map lights (both outside round and center rectangular) come on. Seems that once, if I recall, when opening the passenger door, only the passenger side light and rectangular center came on - but usually all are coming on with all door openings with the exception of opening the driver's door. Every car I've owned up until this point has had all interior lights illuminate with any door opening. Audi is very intuitive and may have this programed uniquely for the driver's door for some reason (slightly more focus of light on the driver?). Anyone else with an A7 notice this pattern? Thank you for your time.
Yup. One of the first things I noticed actually. Seems to provide light for the door opened.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. Had a feeling it was meant to be that way - but wanted to make sure