A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Just picked up a new A7

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Just picked up a new A7

Hello

Just wanted to introduce myself after much looking and evaluating different brands and even models within the Audi line I picked up an A7 Prestige over the weekend and love it so far.

Heavily optioned in Florett Silver S-line with the black optics package, couldn't be happier to have it.

I'm coming from a 2011 Charger with all the bells and whistles, a remarkably optioned car for a Dodge and before that and Audit S60R which had great Turbo and adjustable suspension, the A7 is best of all worlds really.

I had register as GTA8 here a few weeks ago, but switched because that clearly was a little premature.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Enjoy in good health.... Post some pics!
Old 08-08-2016, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Welcome to AudiWorld.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats. Sounds like our cars are very similar except I don't have Black Optic. Mine is a Florett Silver/Gray interior Prestige with 20" Sport Package
Old 08-09-2016, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, Yesterday I went to see the 2017 A7 at the dealer and was very surprised to see that apparently the US model doesn't come with the new LED blinkers.
Anyone has an answer why the difference? Is Audi going to introduce them later on in the year or waiting for the 2018 model year?
I know the Matrix lights are not approved for the US, these are simple yet much cooler LED blinkers. I know it's a little detail, but makes the car differentiate from the 2016 and prior model.
In the meantime I am very excited switching from a 2016 A5 Convertible to a 2017 A7 Prestige next month.
This is the link showing 2017 A7 european model:
Old 08-09-2016, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The US DOT requires that all new cars be delivered to dealers with amber lens side markers as well as red lens rear reflectors. If it's a simple part swap, some dealers will swap out the ambers for clear side markers before delivery to the customer.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Alpine, I don't see how the dealer is going to be able to replace the blinkers when on the US cars the blinkers at the rear are on the lower housing (the top housing are the reverse light). Unless they can replace the whole thing.......???
Old 08-09-2016, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dynamic turn signals on the A7 headlights are ONLY on the Matrix Headlights. Since DOT regulations prohibit Matrix headlights in US, your out of luck getting those.

As for dynamic turn signals on taillights...again...DOT regulations require certain Lumen of brightness for turn signals, and the single row of yellow LED dynamic turn signals on the A7 Euro models doesn't achieve that...therefore, they are also prohibited here in the USA.

However, the taillights with dynamic turn signals are easily retrofitted with additional modules...ask Europrice for more info. I have done it on my 16 RS7 and they look awesome.

The Matrix Headlights require additional modules, different camera system and as of yet...no one has attempted a retrofit of the Matrix headlights. Additionally, there will be lots of VAGCOM codings and no body has the complete coding instructions for the Matrix Headlights. I'm sure there will also be some calibration of the Matrix headlight system once the installation is completed. Needless to say...this retrofit will be complicated.

I have asked Alex of Europrice about the price for Matrix headlights retrofit and he estimated around $7000-$8000. But he will offer nicely discounted price for anyone who wants to be a guinea pig...Any takers??

Last edited by chucky0731; 08-09-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you, chucky. That really is a bummer.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by perrier61
Alpine, I don't see how the dealer is going to be able to replace the blinkers when on the US cars the blinkers at the rear are on the lower housing (the top housing are the reverse light). Unless they can replace the whole thing.......???
Except I didn't say that dealers replaced rear blinkers or front blinkers. I stated that some dealers will swap out the amber side markers for clear side markers.

Amber side marker on an A7

Quick Reply: Just picked up a new A7