A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Keyless Remote for 2017 A7

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Remote for 2017 A7

Picked up my 2017 Audi A7 Competition mid-December. I cannot get the keyless remote to work as described and so far the dealer/salesman isn't much help.

I have the seat settings check off in the MMI setting-- so the keyless remote should be remembering seat settings. It is my understand that other things-- such as what was last described on screen, radio settings, heated steering wheel, heated seat are supposed to come back on the same they were left when we exited the vehicle. This happens when only the one remote in in the vehicle-- so it can't be caused by confusion of having two different remotes in the car at the same time.

First time-- the car wouldn't recognize my husband's remote-- for the seat settings. Now it won't recognize my seat settings-- or even the other settings that I mentioned above, it just stays with my husband's settings. I have to press the memory setting on the door to get the car to move to my seat settings. It is very frustrating and am wondering if this is a common problem. I'm coming from a 2014 BMW 640i Gran Coupe and never had these problems.

Thank you for your input.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by monarch56
Picked up my 2017 Audi A7 Competition mid-December. I cannot get the keyless remote to work as described and so far the dealer/salesman isn't much help.

I have the seat settings check off in the MMI setting-- so the keyless remote should be remembering seat settings. It is my understand that other things-- such as what was last described on screen, radio settings, heated steering wheel, heated seat are supposed to come back on the same they were left when we exited the vehicle. This happens when only the one remote in in the vehicle-- so it can't be caused by confusion of having two different remotes in the car at the same time.

First time-- the car wouldn't recognize my husband's remote-- for the seat settings. Now it won't recognize my seat settings-- or even the other settings that I mentioned above, it just stays with my husband's settings. I have to press the memory setting on the door to get the car to move to my seat settings. It is very frustrating and am wondering if this is a common problem. I'm coming from a 2014 BMW 640i Gran Coupe and never had these problems.

No, it is not a common problem. In my car it works just fine, depending on which FOB is near the driver door when it is unlocked, all settings (except the passenger seat heating) go back to the way it was last time that driver used the car.

The dealership certainly is trained and capable to help you with such a basic issue, maybe you did not talk to the right person. Talk to the sales manager.

Last edited by fkaufman; 01-16-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by monarch56

Just checking - all boxes checked in Driver's Seat menu? Did you lock the car after changing all the settings you wanted to change?
Old 02-12-2017, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Since I complained-- thought I should let everyone know that the keyless remote seems to be working much better now. Maybe it learns over time? Anyway-- it is recognizing each keyless remote most of the time now.

Thank you.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi monarch56,

yes, I had the same "issue", but over a couple of days, it started to work as it should. So looks like it takes a few days to the car to sort it out