A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Kufatec Front and Rear Camera Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 12:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I just got an Easter present coming home last week and wanted to share with You what the kufatek PDC set and rear camera set consists of

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...c06d057e8f.jpg

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...3f2afb2458.jpg

Last edited by Disstrict; 03-29-2016 at 12:47 PM. Reason: images have not been inserted
Old 04-04-2016, 02:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Disstrict
So I just got an Easter present coming home last week and wanted to share with You what the kufatek PDC set and rear camera set consists of

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...c06d057e8f.jpg

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...3f2afb2458.jpg
Nice! Looking forward to hearing more about the installation and how it goes.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have an appointment at audi next Monday, so really looking forward to it .. hopefully all ends up fine and I would be able to post some pics
Old 05-09-2016, 02:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

so the guys at audi installed the rear/front sensors with rear cam. the only issue they had is that they were not able to code the button to enable/disable the sensors because they did not have the coding for CU 5F. they said that there are too many combinations and they did not want to try them all.. they said that i should write to kufatec to send the correct code for this set and they will code it in 5 minutes once I got them. so I wrote to kufatek and they want a full scan of the car, which I had no time to do, so hopefully this week.

Ive checked the manual, and there is some coding but audi said its not the one they need :/ .. anyway, now i need to put the car to R in order to activate the sensors, because the button does not work.. additionaly, the start/stop button does not work either, so maybe they are somehow linked..

what keeps me calm is that the guys at audi dealer said its just a small detail, and once they have to correct coding, its a matter of couple minutes..

to be honest, the camera is a bit blury, i was expecting a bit better video quality, but its not that bad, I mean, it helps a lot when parking and for that, You dont have to have a 4k video right .. also the visibility during night is okay, which i was afraid of a bit at the beginning, because some people told me that their camera is useless at night (different brands of cars).. so overall, im very satisfied
Old 05-09-2016, 03:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

one more thing - cost of installation was 800 euros (labor at audi) plus another 1500 for the two sets from kufatec, and took them 3-4 days
Old 05-12-2016, 06:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

so Kufatek guys decided they will not send me the codes for 5F CU .. screw them, they want me to buy the dongle for another 100e.. just because Im angry with them, i will not buy anything..

so I went to audi dealer to try to code it, unfortunately with no luck.. but the guy told me he rechecked everything and all looks okay, no errors were reported. So now he suspects that the button is somehow broken, so we are waiting for another button to try with it (basicaly they did not have a button like that at the dealers, so he should call me once they have it).. if it will work with the new button, Im gonna send mine back to kufatek..

anyway, they were able to figure out the start/stop button, so that works already, yay!
plus, the guy at audi coded the button to be "on" (disabled start stop) by default! (he said that its a kind of compensation for my complications ) so everytime I start the engine, the button is on!
Old 05-13-2016, 01:04 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Not a coding problem in 5F.

Check your wiring to the button. Make sure the two wires from the park distance control module are connected to it in the kufatec harness. Then make sure your PDC (module 10) is coded for Optical Parking System (OPS) active (BAP 4.0). This can be verified by checking the coding of byte 0. For YOU, the HEX value will most likely either be 28 if you dont have a trailer hitch, or 29 if you do. (In binary, thats enabling bit 3 without a hitch, or bit 3 and bit 1 if you do have a hitch).

Last edited by Mrclopec; 05-13-2016 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks for the reply

the guys at audi rechecked the whole coding and even tried a different one from their friend (who is coding master as they said) but still not working..

they also suspects that the button is somehow wrong, because they took out the whole panel again and checked the cables.. the yellow light is on when I activate the PDC (putting it into R), but maybe its not reacting to the "push" (??).. so Im waiting for the call from audi that they have a new panel and will try it out with it.. hopefully it will work
Old 05-13-2016, 03:11 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Disstrict
thanks for the reply

the guys at audi rechecked the whole coding and even tried a different one from their friend (who is coding master as they said) but still not working..

they also suspects that the button is somehow wrong, because they took out the whole panel again and checked the cables.. the yellow light is on when I activate the PDC (putting it into R), but maybe its not reacting to the "push" (??).. so Im waiting for the call from audi that they have a new panel and will try it out with it.. hopefully it will work
One of the two wires is for the indicator lamp and the other is for the button itself. You could still have a wiring issue. I would check continuity across the lead running from the actual connector on the back of the switch all of the way to the connector at the park distance control module. If you have good continuity there, then I'd take another look at byte 0 of module 10's coding again... Just my thoughts