A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Looking to get a 2012 A7

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to get a 2012 A7

Hello everyone!

I've been on the site for awhile now since I originally purchased a 2007 A8L and am now looking to move into a newer A7. Found the one with all the features I want at an Audi dealer close to me. 2012 prestige with 62K miles and they want $34K. It's Oolong gray with black interior, HUD, B&O, night vision, new tires, wheels have been refinished, sport package, etc.. It was a corporate car and I've looked high and low for this color combination with the B&O system. They seem to pop up now and then, but have been on the other side of the country.

Anyway, took it for a test drive last night and other than having to get used to the sound of a 6cyl (joking!), I love the car! However, when I opened it up pulling onto the highway a message popped up on the dash, "? threshold exceeded". Put the "?" as I didn't get to see the entire message by the time I looked down. It didn't stay on and I did mention it to the dealer. I wasn't using the paddles and didn't even have the gas pedal all the way to the floor.

Has anyone experienced a message like this before? Also, it is still waiting for me at the dealer as it's there for the fuel pump recall. They won't let it go until it's been repaired. Not sure if that could have something to do with the message.

Thanks in advance and hoping to be part the A7 owner group soon! Guess I should have thought about this before creating my username!
Old 11-29-2016, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by A8DMS
However, when I opened it up pulling onto the highway a message popped up on the dash, "? threshold exceeded". Put the "?" as I didn't get to see the entire message by the time I looked down. It didn't stay on and I did mention it to the dealer. I wasn't using the paddles and didn't even have the gas pedal all the way to the floor.

Has anyone experienced a message like this before?
I think you saw the speed warning. You can change it. I raised mine to 80 MPH because I didn't want the spoiler popping up on the highway.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:51 AM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Found the one with all the features I want at an Audi dealer close to me. 2012 prestige with 62K miles and they want $34K. It's Oolong gray with black interior, HUD, B&O, night vision, new tires, wheels have been refinished, sport package, etc..
Sounds like a great car! I sold my S5 and bought a 2012 A7 earlier in the year with similar options. Love the car too.

...other than having to get used to the sound of a 6cyl (joking!), I love the car!
I hear ya! Miss the sound of my S5 V8, but love the V6 and 8-speed. I just added EPL's Stage 1 remap, and now loving it even more.