A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Looking to get my first Audi (2013 A7) and had a few questions :)

Old 12-03-2016, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to get my first Audi (2013 A7) and had a few questions :)

Hello you beautiful people of AudiWorld,

I'm interested in a 2013 Audi that I found. It has about 40000 km on it and has CPO warranty status. The description of the vehicle is vague as in the features and stuff. It mentions that it is a Premium model. Looking at some of the pictures I can see that the car has HUD, Ventilated Seats, MMI w/GPS and other features that usually don't come with the base model. My question are can these features be added on without upgrading the trim? Also the price is $43000 CAD, is it a good/fair price?

Cheers!
Old 12-03-2016, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

You are giving mixed messages.

Since you are stating the mileage in km and the price in CAD, I assume you are in Canada.

The Premium is a US model and CPO is a certification/warranty package in the USA.

As far as adding features to a base model, while it is technically possible, it is not easy and most of the time prohibitively expensive.

If you can get the VIN number of this car, you will be able to find a lot of answers to your questions on line.

Importing a used car into Canada is a complicated procedure and not always possible. I suggest you sort out the issues about the origin/status of this car before you go any further.

Last edited by fkaufman; 12-03-2016 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by fkaufman
You are giving mixed messages.

Since you are stating the mileage in km and the price in CAD, I assume you are in Canada.

The Premium is a US model and CPO is a certification/warranty package in the USA.

As far as adding features to a base model, while it is technically possible, it is not easy and most of the time prohibitively expensive.

If you can get the VIN number of this car, you will be able to find a lot of answers to your questions on line.

Importing a used car into Canada is a complicated procedure and not always possible. I suggest you sort out the issues about the origin/status of this car before you go any further.

Yes I am from Canada, and I doubt the car is from the US since the instrument cluster is in metric (0-300 km/h are the main bold numbers). Also isn't the certified pre-owned warranty/package available in Canada (Audi Canada Certified Pre-Owned > Home)?
Old 12-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes the CPO program is also available in Canada as I purchased my 2012 A7 as a CPO which came with a 5 year 160,000 km extended warranty. As for the options I would suggest you check the vin number as mentioned as see what it lists.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

When I was searching for a used 2012-2013 Audi, I found many cars listed as Premium. The Premium plus and the Prestige were options. If it had adaptive cruise control, LED headlights and heads up display, it had the Prestige option. Those items weren't available on a Premium or P+.

I don't know if Canadian cars were marketed differently or if the listing site is U.S. based.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by tenspeed
When I was searching for a used 2012-2013 Audi, I found many cars listed as Premium. The Premium plus and the Prestige were options. If it had adaptive cruise control, LED headlights and heads up display, it had the Prestige option. Those items weren't available on a Premium or P+.

I don't know if Canadian cars were marketed differently or if the listing site is U.S. based.
Yea I believe the packages/add-ons were different for Canadian markets.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by coolgogo
Yea I believe the packages/add-ons were different for Canadian markets.
Forgot to mention to check the value using Edmunds.com. They take everything into account and break down how much the dealer should have paid and how much the options are worth.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by coolgogo
Yes I am from Canada, and I doubt the car is from the US since the instrument cluster is in metric (0-300 km/h are the main bold numbers). Also isn't the certified pre-owned warranty/package available in Canada (Audi Canada Certified Pre-Owned > Home)?

Here is the Audi Canada A7 Product Bulletin for model year 2012. I do not have the one for 2013 but as I recall there wasn't much change.

Search this Thread