A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

MMI / NAV update US Market

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 09:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh, could it possibly be broken up? Like MMI, Maps...Seems like a long time to keep a car running.

ALSO thanks for the tip on the sim card, I ordered one immediately.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by fantaxp7
Ahh, could it possibly be broken up? Like MMI, Maps...Seems like a long time to keep a car running.

ALSO thanks for the tip on the sim card, I ordered one immediately.
The car only has to be on, no engine running. Yes, the MMI and nav updates are done separately.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:38 AM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
The car only has to be on, no engine running. Yes, the MMI and nav updates are done separately.
I did a MMI firmware upgrade with the car on, but not running, with a trickle charger attached. The car still turned itself off in the middle. It stalled when it didn't get a response from one module, but when I turned the car back on, it was able to continue. The next time I do this, I will probably have the car running instead.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

roger that. I ordered it and will follow these instructions.

thanks again!
D
Old 08-28-2016, 08:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have always heard the MMI upgrade needs to be done by Audi, because they have to connect with the Audi server?
Old 08-29-2016, 05:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Try US Mobile. They operate on the 3G T-Mobile network and are also inexpensive. Unlike TruPhone you don't pay for data kb as you go but pick a plan each month for whatever you think you'll need. The monthly plans start at $4.70 for 100MB, $7.70 for 200MB and so on after a one time $4 charge for the sim. I don't use Google Earth very often or wifi hotspot at all and the 100MB per month is more than enough for online destination searches, weather, etc.
+1 on US Mobile. Works like a champ in my 2014 A7 and super cheap. Only downside I can see is that I can't register the SIM on the AudiConnect website so I lose the "send a destination to my car from my computer or phone" functionality. But all in all, I'm very happy with the US Mobile SIM card setup.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemartin88
+1 on US Mobile. Works like a champ in my 2014 A7 and super cheap. Only downside I can see is that I can't register the SIM on the AudiConnect website so I lose the "send a destination to my car from my computer or phone" functionality. But all in all, I'm very happy with the US Mobile SIM card setup.
Just out of curiosity, which website are you talking about? I'm still not sure if the "send to car feature" requires the registration of the SIM. It didn't for me, but I created my current account about 2 years ago.

Is it this one? https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi

Don't try to sign up here: https://myaudiconnect.com/#/user/login

The latter is to register your T-Mobile or AT&T SIM and manage your T-Mo/AT&T accounts.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
Just out of curiosity, which website are you talking about? I'm still not sure if the "send to car feature" requires the registration of the SIM. It didn't for me, but I created my current account about 2 years ago.

Is it this one? https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi

Don't try to sign up here: https://myaudiconnect.com/#/user/login

The latter is to register your T-Mobile or AT&T SIM and manage your T-Mo/AT&T accounts.

Thanks!! I was trying to do it via the audiconnect website. Functionality sending addresses to the car via the myaudi page works fine. Really appreciate it!

Mike
Old 08-29-2016, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is 6.12 the latest version the dealer offered? From the web it appears that 6.13 is the 2016 database version which was shipped on the '16 models. Id really like to get the 6.14 2016/17 update. Any idea when it may be available? My Q5 currently has 6.11 and is missing a lot of significant roads. I plan to use my 'We are soooo sorry' TDI card to update the maps but have to have it done prior to the end of January.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

that is the version i received at the time. I am not sure what the newer version offers? sorry to be of no help on that

Quick Reply: MMI / NAV update US Market