A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

MMI / NAV update US Market

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemartin88
Thanks!! I was trying to do it via the audiconnect website. Functionality sending addresses to the car via the myaudi page works fine. Really appreciate it!

Mike
I did the US Mobile sim as well. Google maps updates fine, I can use the car as a hotspot also.

What I can't do is regularity access any Google search functions or the myAudi for saved navigation destinations or those pushed from my phone or laptop via Google maps. It works maybe 1 of 10 times I try it.
I get a "no internet available or no connection available". But! There is a connection, as I can watch the data being used from the MMI telephone settings page and I can also use the car hot spot and the Google maps in the cars is updating as I drive.

I called Audi and they said it's because I'm not using a T-Mobile sim card and service... Any ideas?

I can't imagine that one needs a T-Mobile account to use the Google search functions from the MMI in the car...

Thanks
Old 10-04-2016, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Curt Faust
I did the US Mobile sim as well. Google maps updates fine, I can use the car as a hotspot also.

What I can't do is regularity access any Google search functions or the myAudi for saved navigation destinations or those pushed from my phone or laptop via Google maps. It works maybe 1 of 10 times I try it.
I get a "no internet available or no connection available". But! There is a connection, as I can watch the data being used from the MMI telephone settings page and I can also use the car hot spot and the Google maps in the cars is updating as I drive.

I called Audi and they said it's because I'm not using a T-Mobile sim card and service... Any ideas?

I can't imagine that one needs a T-Mobile account to use the Google search functions from the MMI in the car...

Thanks
Try resetting the MMI phone section to default and reenter the US Mobile connection settings.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Try resetting the MMI phone section to default and reenter the US Mobile connection settings.
Just tried that. Unfortunately, that didn't work.

I'm currently replying to you using the hot spot in the car, so the internet/data connection does work.

I'm still getting the "data connection could not be established" message when I try to go to the find destination from myAudi account.

Looks like I'll be going back to T-Mobile.

Oh, I'm in a 2014 A7 if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the idea.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Curt Faust
Just tried that. Unfortunately, that didn't work.

I'm currently replying to you using the hot spot in the car, so the internet/data connection does work.

I'm still getting the "data connection could not be established" message when I try to go to the find destination from myAudi account.

Looks like I'll be going back to T-Mobile.

Oh, I'm in a 2014 A7 if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the idea.
I just recently started getting the "No data connection available" message when trying to use the Online Destination function. Ever time it happens I have a good data connection per the Phone Settings Data Connection menu in the car. Not sure what's going on...
Old 10-11-2016, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I've been having intermittent connection issues with all of the AC features for a couple of weeks. I'm beginning to think it's on their end. Could be they are having capacity or server issues. Interestingly, Google Earth seems to be working fine.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by darreln
I managed to find a source for my 2012 A7 to update the MMI and NAV database for the US market. I recently moved and my NAV database was woefully out of date.

I just completed the firmware and maps update, everything worked. even fixed some obvious bugs (like the bluetooth bug) that I was annoyed about.

Whole process is documented and took about 2 hours

Price is reasonable, so if anyone is looking for this sort of upgrade, please PM me and I'll relay info of the outfit.
I'm am interested in the updates and sending a PM.

Snagitseven: is there any reason that the info can't be posted in a thread?
Old 10-11-2016, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by tenspeed
I'm am interested in the updates and sending a PM.

Snagitseven: is there any reason that the info can't be posted in a thread?
What info are you speaking to?
Old 10-11-2016, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
What info are you speaking to?
The original thread topic was updating the MMI and Nav maps in the US market. It quickly changed topics to phone services which I am also interested in.

The info I was referring to was if the link to or email needed to find out more about the MMI/Nav map update could be posted in a thread.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by tenspeed
The original thread topic was updating the MMI and Nav maps in the US market. It quickly changed topics to phone services which I am also interested in.

The info I was referring to was if the link to or email needed to find out more about the MMI/Nav map update could be posted in a thread.
Posting a link is ok so long as it's to something that doesn't violate copywrite.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mikemartin88
I just recently started getting the "No data connection available" message when trying to use the Online Destination function. Ever time it happens I have a good data connection per the Phone Settings Data Connection menu in the car. Not sure what's going on...
Are you using a US mobile sim card or a T-Mobile sim card in your car?

Quick Reply: MMI / NAV update US Market