A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

MMI / NAV update US Market

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

The myAudi account shouldn't affect any of the in car's AC services. Only the send to car feature would be unavailable with another provider's sim.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
The myAudi account shouldn't affect any of the in car's AC services. Only the send to car feature would be unavailable with another provider's sim.
Sure, but I'm wondering if Audi is using an inactive AC account as a flag to identify which VINs or car "radio IDs" to limit/deny service to...
Old 10-24-2016, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Well, as noted, that's entirely possible.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm going to buy a T-Mobile SIM with 1 month of service, set up my Audi Connect account, then go back to my US Mobile SIM and see if it works. Hope to get to the dealership tonight, will post updates.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mikemartin88
I'm going to buy a T-Mobile SIM with 1 month of service, set up my Audi Connect account, then go back to my US Mobile SIM and see if it works. Hope to get to the dealership tonight, will post updates.
If the AC sim works and when you switch back to US Mobile after you buy a month of AC continues to work again, the real test will be when the AC month runs out. I'm suspicious of what Audi is doing here.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Dealership is out of stock on T-Mo SIMs until Friday, so will give an update once I'm up and running.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Called the dealership Friday, still had no T-Mo SIM cards...
Old 11-03-2016, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by superswiss
TRUSim as in Truphone? If so, Truphone no longer uses the T-Mobile network in the USA as of June 27, 2016. They've switched to AT&T. However, your hardware doesn't support AT&T's 3G frequencies. The hardware upgrade I mentioned among other things adds proper support for AT&T, however, the upgrade is only free of charge if you are currently an Audi connect subscriber.

Well now I understand why I can't get 3G on this new truephone sim I just bought...
Old 11-04-2016, 06:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mikemartin88
Called the dealership Friday, still had no T-Mo SIM cards...
Dealership called yesterday, said the SIM cards are backordered and won't be in for a week or two. Makes me wonder if Audi and T-Mobile are making changes to more effectively deny those who don't use T-Mobile Audi Connect-specific SIM cards. I asked the parts guy at the dealership if I could just buy one of the T-Mobile data SIM cards from Walmart and he said his understanding was they wouldn't work - it has to be a T-Mobile SIM card specifically for use with Audi Connect. Anybody have any information to the contrary, information to support what the dealership told me or any different (recent) experience using non-T-Mobile Audi Connect SIMs? (I understand that there's a ton of info regarding use of US Mobile and TruPhone SIMs on this and other forums, but I consider all that info dated and possibly no longer valid. I already have a US Mobile SIM card that was working fine for a few months and recently stopped working for anything other than Google Earth overlay updates.)
Old 11-04-2016, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

A standard T-Mo sim won't be recognized for an Audi Connect account. Would be the same if you used an alternative provider like US Mobile. Have you tried calling the Audi Connect help line to see if you can order a card and a plan directly from them? Or tried on the myAudi website? I seem to remember you can order a plan there and presumably they would send you a sim card.

Quick Reply: MMI / NAV update US Market