A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

MMI / NAV update US Market

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, you go to Myaudi.com, and set up an account for your VIN.

In Myaudi.com, you can "go" to audi connect. If you try to apply for a connect account, it will give you a PIN for your MMI. (You cannot get there trying to enter from audiconnect.com)

(You may have to begin to set up a myconnect account, it wanted to verify the vin, said here is your agreement number, print this page and take it to your dealer, they of course could not understand anything.)

Enter the pin in your MMI.

Now set up your google account to know the phone number of the car.

It works.

Greg

Originally Posted by mikemartin88
Do you have an active AudiConnect account online? When I tried to get designated destinations from Google in the car, it wanted my PIN number from when I established the AudiConnect account online. When I tried to establish an AudiConnect account with the US Mobile SIM the website identified that it wasn't a T-Mobile SIM and wouldn't let me go any further. I'm not all that interested in being able to import destinations from websites, but definitely want to be able to use Google searches and the AudiConnect features for fuel, parking, local attractions, etc. in the car. If a TruPhone SIM gives you all that, I'll give it a try. The US Mobile SIM used to work flawlessly for all the in-car functionality, but recently stopped working for anything other than Google earth overlay updates. So I thought Audi must be cracking down on non-AudiConnect SIM cards. But if TruPhone works, that must not be the case...
Old 11-22-2016, 04:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mikemartin88
Haven't gotten the replacement for the one they sent me that wouldn't work. Hopeful I'll get it this week and will post an update.
OK, got the new T-Mo SIM card. Activated it and linked it to the VIN on the phone, and everything works. Audi Connect account online now shows active. Put the US Mobile SIM back in, and it still only provides Google Earth overlay functionality - no Online Destination Google search or Audi Connect fuel, weather, etc. Fortunately the original 6 month trial period was never activated for my car, so I have 6 months free, then will likely pay a year in advance so I get the unlimited data for $15/month. From Gary's posts it sounds like TruPhone SIMs are fully functional, but I'm now convinced US Mobile SIMs are not fully functional for AudiConnect.

Last edited by mikemartin88; 11-22-2016 at 06:20 AM.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

FYI, a year of Audi Connnect T-Mo is $199 at $16.66 @ month. 30 months at $450 gets you to $15 @ month. If you have an AT&T account on your phone, you can get a sharing acct for $10 @ month. Truphone only uses AT&T now but could be a less expensive option.

It's weird that Audi Connect is having issues with US Mobile. It could be an issue created by T-Mobile and not Audi. Sounds like I'll have to do another AC plan, at least until my MY2013 modem is upgraded which will then give me AT&T options.

Last edited by snagitseven; 11-22-2016 at 05:48 AM.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'll use the heck out of the unlimited data during the T-Mo trial period, but may look at going AT&T once it expires since my cell phone plan is AT&T. I have plenty of excess data on my AT&T shared plan that I could allocate to AC.
Old 11-28-2016, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Audiconnect offering $10/month T-mo 2G plan with first month free as a trial

I called them because I couldn't get Freedompop or a tablet T-Mo SIM to work, and they sent me a T-Mo SIM and told me I could have a month free to see how I liked it, because only 2G is available in my area (I guess this means they aren't planning to let me get a free MMI upgrade...)
Old 01-04-2017, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Per reports, Audi will only approve the cost of the modem update if you are the original owner and have an active Audi Connect account - the dealer will only be reimbursed if there is prior approval. Apparently, the factory warranty is not a factor.
My dealer did the update and I don't have an active Audi Connect account and am was using some third party SIM, not the one that came with the car. I'm also original owner.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jeremymc7
My dealer did the update and I don't have an active Audi Connect account and am was using some third party SIM, not the one that came with the car. I'm also original owner.
The letter sent was very specific. Your dealer either wasn't aware of the active AC/T-Mo plan requirement or decided to look the other way. Either way, they may find that once the warranty claim is submitted, upon review, it may be denied and your dealer will have to absorb the expense.