A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

MMI Touch Preset Stations Annoyance

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI Touch Preset Stations Annoyance

So basically, when I change the station to another preset station number, lets say it's on preset station number 1, if I wanted to press number 2 but happen to miss the number and touch a blank area next to it, the next time I actually press the number 2, it sets the number 1 station to the number 2 preset. I know there is a drag feature for the preset stations where you can drag a preset to another number... is there anyway to disable that? I believe that is what is causing the issue.

TIA

-Daniel
Old 06-23-2015, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

I doubt it. I don't believe I've seen this as an issue that has caused anyone to attempt to figure out if there is coding that can change this behavior in VCDS. I guess it's just not been enough of annoyance for most folks.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

I've given up on that feature: it is way too sensitive, forever losing/moving stations and, it's a PIA to reset (I keep the MMI screen retracted, as this was one of the selling points of the A6: NO SCREEN DISPAY).

Have resorted to using Menu on steering wheel and scrolling through about 20 presets. Also, I keep my hands away from that part of the console in order that I do not screw up the stations. They should have made it identical to a push-button telephone keypad, with 10 digits....
Old 06-24-2015, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AMDG75
I've given up on that feature: it is way too sensitive, forever losing/moving stations and, it's a PIA to reset (I keep the MMI screen retracted, as this was one of the selling points of the A6: NO SCREEN DISPAY).

Have resorted to using Menu on steering wheel and scrolling through about 20 presets. Also, I keep my hands away from that part of the console in order that I do not screw up the stations. They should have made it identical to a push-button telephone keypad, with 10 digits....
I think I'm going to have to start using the menu on the steering wheel as well. I just hate the it doesn't default to the preset list.