A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

MMI Version 814 Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
Did you have to complain about anything with the MMI or just got updated?
Please tell me if there's a TSB or something in your invoice that made the upgrade so I can request the same
Here's what my invoice says (pic attached) - I don't know if this helps you. Since we don't know yet what 814 fixes, but we do know that some Windows phone users are having connection problems, I would try mentioning that problem to your dealer.

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
Would this be available to a 2013 S6?
Or is it just for later model years?
I have a 2012. I believe this MMI version would be applicable to all Audis with this generation of MMI system.

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
Could you please check if you can enter an address like 22W041 Woodview Dr, Medinah, IL 60157, or if it stops after 22 when you try to enter the house number like sw733 or older does?
I tried entering this address, and the system said that it couldn't find 22 -- so it sounds like that's the same as you're experiencing currently.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:22 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tman007
Here's what my invoice says (pic attached) - I don't know if this helps you. Since we don't know yet what 814 fixes, but we do know that some Windows phone users are having connection problems, I would try mentioning that problem to your dealer. I have a 2012. I believe this MMI version would be applicable to all Audis with this generation of MMI system. I tried entering this address, and the system said that it couldn't find 22 -- so it sounds like that's the same as you're experiencing currently.
"Check for TSBs none apply"
That was actually pretty cool to just update to latest version even though they didn't find any TSB
Old 03-31-2015, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
"Check for TSBs none apply"
That was actually pretty cool to just update to latest version even though they didn't find any TSB
Nice dealer, isn't it?
Old 03-31-2015, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
Would this be available to a 2013 S6?

Or is it just for later model years?
I just contacted the service manager at my dealer in regards to getting this update installed on my RS5. He spoke to his shop foreman, who said that they have only received this update for the A6 and A7 so far and none of the other models with the same generation MMI. He will keep an eye on it for me and hopefully this update will become available for the other models soon.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

After driving with this MMI version 814 for a few weeks, I can't say that I've noticed any big changes...

Of course, there maybe some fixes incorporated that just don't affect me -- like the Windows phone compatibility note I mentioned in my earlier post.

There do seem to be some minor cosmetic changes, though I'm just going based on my memory so someone with v715 will have to check and compare with these pics from v814:

This "Audi connect" icon might be new? And the background image of the ****?

And in the CAR menu, did the previous graphic have this aura from headlights and tail lights:

Or this graphic with the oil can:

And I can't remember if there used to be this option to set phone ringtones:

Well this is all I've noticed so far - let me know if there's anything else someone wants me to check.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is there any difference in the backup camera image?

When I had an A8 loaner with this version, the image was full screen with icons superimposed (instead of v715 smaller image framed by black bars on left and right for same icons).
Old 05-19-2015, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A7_TDI
Is there any difference in the backup camera image?

When I had an A8 loaner with this version, the image was full screen with icons superimposed (instead of v715 smaller image framed by black bars on left and right for same icons).
I don't notice any change in the backup camera with v814. But I think my image has always been full screen, even back when I had v4xx. Doesn't your screen look like the attached pic?

I've also never seen the image jerkiness problem that some other people have complained about, but I'm not sure if that's a software thing or not.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tman007 thanks for pic. Definitely looks different from my display; if there's a setting I must've missed it. And I don't see the "Graphic" option on my screen.

Last edited by A7_TDI; 05-20-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by A7_TDI
Tman007 thanks for pic. Definitely looks different from my display; if there's a setting I must've missed it. And I don't see the "Graphic" option on my screen.

I believe that's the difference between cars with just the rear camera and cars with multiple. My 2016 S6 has the smaller view and my loaner 2016 A6 has the full screen.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

That's interesting... They gave you the extra cameras (MY2012 just has the rear view), but decided to use less of the screen for the image. The "Graphic" button is nothing special - it just switches to a view that shows the car sensors graphic full screen but no camera image - I don't know why anyone would want this view.

Quick Reply: MMI Version 814 Update