A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

My custom subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by looking@audi
The base system comes with the same sub as the Bose and big buck B&O. It also has a subwoofer control on the MMI. I detailed my non Bose upgrade in a recent thread.
REALLY wish there was a way to get the mmi to show the sub control for bose systems... youd think paying more for 'bose' would give you a bit more control... link to your thread? (ill go look)
Old 04-23-2013, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jayhawk785
REALLY wish there was a way to get the mmi to show the sub control for bose systems... youd think paying more for 'bose' would give you a bit more control... link to your thread? (ill go look)
Ha, never mind already posted in your thread
Old 04-23-2013, 04:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't drive the car a lot. When I drive it, most of time I listen to Bloomberg news. So I was not really picky the sound base. But this thread and the other thread by looking@audi make me think I need to upgrade the subwoofer too.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Comson Chen
The factory Bose system is really lacking bass, which makes the whole audio system sound really cheap. Personally, I expect Audi to put a little better system in the A7.

After doing some research, my friend and I decided to upgrade the sub to fix the lack of bass. We chose a 8" Kicker solo-baric sub with an Alpine M500 amp. If the sub were any bigger, it wouldn't be able to fit in the side pocket. We took out the Bose sub and installed the amp in its place.

Once installation was completed, audio sounds 100 times better! I almost feel like I am not driving the same car.

Here are the before and after photos...

Before the installation

Rough out MDF pannel

Does it fit? 8" Kicker Solo-baric... Pretty close fit!

Replaced the Bose Sub with an Alpine amplifier. It is a close fit as well!

All done! How does it look?

hi that looks awsome! i have an audi a7 and need ur help. i assume u hooked up an adapter for the rca cables my question is where did u hook the adapter?
Old 02-01-2015, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Comson Chen
The factory Bose system is really lacking bass, which makes the whole audio system sound really cheap. Personally, I expect Audi to put a little better system in the A7.

After doing some research, my friend and I decided to upgrade the sub to fix the lack of bass. We chose a 8" Kicker solo-baric sub with an Alpine M500 amp. If the sub were any bigger, it wouldn't be able to fit in the side pocket. We took out the Bose sub and installed the amp in its place.

Once installation was completed, audio sounds 100 times better! I almost feel like I am not driving the same car.

Here are the before and after photos...

Before the installation

Rough out MDF pannel

Does it fit? 8" Kicker Solo-baric... Pretty close fit!

Replaced the Bose Sub with an Alpine amplifier. It is a close fit as well!

All done! How does it look?

Hello. Your solution looks excellent. I have a 2012 a7 Premium plus withithout the bose. Do you think this solution of upgrading the sum will help mine much? Do you know what system is in the PPluse version? I can seem to find it anywhere.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kckencharles
Hello. Your solution looks excellent. I have a 2012 a7 Premium plus withithout the bose. Do you think this solution of upgrading the sum will help mine much? Do you know what system is in the PPluse version? I can seem to find it anywhere.
The Bose and non-Bose audio systems share the same cr*ppy subwoofer. You will definitely benefit from this upgrade.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you. Everything points to that. I am now looking for a quality audio shop in fort lauderdale to do the job. Picking up the A7 at 7 PM tonight. Yeahhhhhhh
Old 02-03-2015, 11:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Custm subwoofer

Here's my custom instalation to march my interior.
Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2015, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by glock
Here's my custom instalation to march my interior.
Wow!

I want to see more photos and details on this installation.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Well honestly, I dont have many details. I live in Lewisville, Tx and just bought my A7 about two months ago. Listened to the sound system and was immediately thinking uhhh uhh this isnt going to work. So I immediately took it to Audio Pros (guys I use for all my vehicle) and told my good friend Rick I needed base but with this car I needed style with a custom look. He overlooked the interior, took measurements of the trunk. We picked out the leather and wood grain and he told me to bring it back when I could leave it 5 days or so. Took it for the install, went to pick it up, he popped the trunk an ir blew me away. It also sounds amazing. As far as the box, its all wrapped in leather and wood grain to match the interior. Cant tell from the pic but the brown part and grey part of the box is leather and of course wood grain. The speaker is an R/E. Amp is mounted exactly where yours is by the spare tire.
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: My custom subwoofer