A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

My first Audi!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 08:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Audi!

Well after a ton of research a lot of test driving and finally picking the model I wanted I picked up my 2012 CPO A7 Prestige on Friday. Came with the innovation package and cold weather package. Family loves it. Oh, and I averaged 29.4mpg on the way home at 76mph (2 1/2 hour drive).

It had 43,000 miles on it but a very clean carfax (one owner, well maintained).

Quick Pic from my phone (it's very dirty already): Daytona Grey Pearl, Black interior and walnut trim.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats! Welcome to the A7 club!
Old 05-04-2015, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great color! Congratulations...hope you enjoy it
Old 05-04-2015, 07:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Awesome! I've had mine for 6 months and love every moment in it! Enjoy
Old 05-04-2015, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Welcome to the forum and to the A7 platform! I've had my A7 for about 6 months as well and loving it still.

I have a brand new Q3 today; as mine is in the shop getting the recall work done.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

wilkommen!
Old 05-07-2015, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I picked up my first Audi a 2012 A7 (silver/black, prestige innovation) with 22837 miles at Poquet (Poe Kay) Auto Sales in Minneapolis. This was a long distance internet telephone deal. My only disappointment is the car did not have active lane assist, too early in model year when it was made.

Poquet had taken the car to Audi and had the fuel injection recall fixed, put on brand new shiny Pirelli Cinturato P7 All season plus V rated tires, changed the oil and added a full tank of gas. The car was sitting out front backed into a parking spot ready for me to drive off. Took all of about 30 - 40 minutes to do everything including a 15 min test drive and drive out of the dealership. A few of those minutes were spent with me calling sirius to activate the satellite radio and Audi connect to activate a data package prior (tried to buy new package but previous owner plan good to Nov 2016) to driving off.

We made a flying trip west to Rapid City SD, turned left to Mt Rushmore, spent the night another flying trip south to Denver headed west over the pass to Grand Junction, got up the next morning leisurely breakfast and some shopping then a 2 pm departure to Glendale AZ via Mexican Hat NM, Monument Valley, Flagstaff AZ. Most of time MPG indicated at 28.7 - 29.5 and actually 31.2 when I parked (last 130 miles lost 6000 feet in elevation)

Most of the trip was 5 to 10 mph over the speed limit, a majority of interstate not in metro areas 80 or 85 mph. Some back country and mountain non interstate highways. Hit a lot of rain, some sleet and snow, roads clear but wet in many places. Car handles great, the Pirellis grip the wet road and are very quite on most road surfaces. Pavement grooved perpendicular to direction of travel proved to be the exception. Had a wierd howl that caused me to stop the car to find out the problem. Noticed same sound coming from passing traffic. Thankfully the wierd surface near Crazy Horse Monument ended rather quickly and all was quiet again.

I thought my 04 maxima was a comfortable car until I drove the Audi. Could not have made the 3 days at 600 miles plus per day with the old car and arrived home fit to get out of bed in the morning.

Fantastic car, great handling, incredible acceleration ( it is quite easy to go from 60-70 to 110 passing a semi, don't ask how I know this). So far the only problem is the car is smarter than I am and I need to learn all the features. Think I will really like sending google map trips to the car once I figure out how it is done.

Last edited by diddlyv; 05-07-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats on the new A7!! I got mine just over a month ago and love it!
Old 05-07-2015, 11:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Delaney
Congrats on the new A7!! I got mine just over a month ago and love it!

Same here, on the road to mega wasted cash on customization for me lol
Old 05-08-2015, 10:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just one week in but loving every minute of it! Great car (so far). The shifting is so smooth, I've never had anything like it. The ride is quite and comfortable.

Still finding out all the little details but I'm getting most of it figured out. Downloaded some music from an SD card to the hard drive the other day....pretty cool and the quality is a step up from the radio. The bass is not bad if you crank it all the way up. The stereo (Bose) isn't great but it will suffice. There's an OLD saying around here (amongst audiophiles) "If it's Bose it Blows" . But like I said....it's not that bad.

Audi Care Plus.......good idea? I'm closing in on 44,000 (already had the 45,000 mile service) and warrantied to 100,000 or 06 of 2018.....probably hit the millage first. I know it's more than the original Audi Care but should still save me a little. NO INDEPENDANT AUDI MECHANICS NEAR ME.......none. Even a dealer is an hour drive .

When the warranty runs out I'll probably self maintain it.....and pick up a VAG-COM of course.

Quick Reply: My first Audi!