A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

My GIAC stage 2 is FAST

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
GIAC provides a handheld for switching programs that you rarely use unless when you put 100 octane gas
Ahh. interesting. On top of the dealer/warranty situation, it kind of feels weird to me to have the car flashed at a shop with no real guarantee that the flash happened. Anyone else have that reservation or is it very obvious that you got the flash? Also, if the dealer accidentally erases it, how would you know it's even gone? Just feels like a lot of money for something that doesn't seem super tangible?
Old 11-18-2013, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by amelen
Where did you hear about the plug and play switchable programs? That sounds very enticing. Is that something you could just order and use yourself or does it still require going to a GIAC shop?
The giac plug in remote comes with the tune for $1299, the shop that was offering is called C.A.R.S located in Las Vegas nv.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahh. interesting. On top of the dealer/warranty situation, it kind of feels weird to me to have the car flashed at a shop with no real guarantee that the flash happened. Anyone else have that reservation or is it very obvious that you got the flash? Also, if the dealer accidentally erases it, how would you know it's even gone? Just feels like a lot of money for something that doesn't seem super tangible?
It is REALLY obvious you got the flash, but if you are worried just connect the handheld and the handheld will tell you which program (valet, stock, pump or race) you have enabled.
The dealer cannot erase your flash accidentally unless they want to flas the ECU on purpose, never is going to happen in normal service, something must happened for them to go into that area, but as I said you don't want them to go into the ECU, regardless if they flash it back to stock or not you will be branded TD1 and there's your powertrain warranty down the toilet.
So you get the flash, you FEEL it (nigh and day) and you tell your dealer your car is tuned and to NOT connect the Audi computer, my dealer is very cool about that, IF something breaks , you go to GIAC you asked them to flash back your car to stock (not stock mode) and then your dealer can connect the Audi computer and submit the warranty claim, you get your car fixed, you go to GIAC and they flashed it again (they won't charge you they are really cool)
If nothing ever happens (that is what happens most of the time) you wait until your warranty is about to expire and then you get all your updates you skipped because of not connecting the Audi computer,
Voila
Old 11-19-2013, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

It is REALLY obvious you got the flash, but if you are worried just connect the handheld and the handheld will tell you which program (valet, stock, pump or race) you have enabled.
The dealer cannot erase your flash accidentally unless they want to flas the ECU on purpose, never is going to happen in normal service, something must happened for them to go into that area, but as I said you don't want them to go into the ECU, regardless if they flash it back to stock or not you will be branded TD1 and there's your powertrain warranty down the toilet.
So you get the flash, you FEEL it (nigh and day) and you tell your dealer your car is tuned and to NOT connect the Audi computer, my dealer is very cool about that, IF something breaks , you go to GIAC you asked them to flash back your car to stock (not stock mode) and then your dealer can connect the Audi computer and submit the warranty claim, you get your car fixed, you go to GIAC and they flashed it again (they won't charge you they are really cool)
If nothing ever happens (that is what happens most of the time) you wait until your warranty is about to expire and then you get all your updates you skipped because of not connecting the Audi computer,
Voila
Thank you - very helpful! I heard that Jack Daniels Motors in North NJ is mod-friendly (they do GIAC tunes at the dealership it seems). I sent them an email asking for more info, let's see what they say. I paid extra to have my car CPO-ed with the extra warranty, would kind of suck to lose it. The other choice is APR, which has several shops nearby and seems cheaper?

Also - do all GIAC tunes come with the handheld (so you can chose the tune level) or is that something you have to pay extra for?
Old 11-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Banned

Thank you - very helpful! I heard that Jack Daniels Motors in North NJ is mod-friendly (they do GIAC tunes at the dealership it seems). I sent them an email asking for more info, let's see what they say. I paid extra to have my car CPO-ed with the extra warranty, would kind of suck to lose it. The other choice is APR, which has several shops nearby and seems cheaper? Also - do all GIAC tunes come with the handheld (so you can chose the tune level) or is that something you have to pay extra for?
They all do come with the handheld, honestly you never use it unless you want to put it in 100 octane mode (race) because why would you put it to stock or valet (it is just cool to have he feature)
Note that if you do stage 2 (with a pulley upgrade) you lose stock mode (valet race and pump only) which honestly I don't care because as I said why would you do that (only to feel the difference once)
Old 11-19-2013, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

They all do come with the handheld, honestly you never use it unless you want to put it in 100 octane mode (race) because why would you put it to stock or valet (it is just cool to have he feature)
Note that if you do stage 2 (with a pulley upgrade) you lose stock mode (valet race and pump only) which honestly I don't care because as I said why would you do that (only to feel the difference once)
Gotcha - thanks! I like the idea of the handheld more so to confirm the flash is there than to actually switch between modes.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

What do you guys know about the giac/awe st 1 xplus software update? I was talking to my local shop today, (cars in Vegas) they were telling me about this updated software. They're saying another 25-30 hp gain from the st 1 with this update? Anyhow I am getting the giac on my a7 next month stage 1, and I'm going to look into this power boost gauge too. I don't want to push it with my dealership my warranty is good till 18 lol!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Yoshi123
What do you guys know about the giac/awe st 1 xplus software update? I was talking to my local shop today, (cars in Vegas) they were telling me about this updated software. They're saying another 25-30 hp gain from the st 1 with this update? Anyhow I am getting the giac on my a7 next month stage 1, and I'm going to look into this power boost gauge too. I don't want to push it with my dealership my warranty is good till 18 lol!
You are referring to the stage 2 and trust me is a rocket
Old 01-02-2014, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

You are referring to the stage 2 and trust me is a rocket
Where did you get your GIAC upgrade?
Old 01-03-2014, 05:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by krazyhabu
Where did you get your GIAC upgrade?
Stage 1 at GIAC directly
Stage 2 at TAG motorsports (Alex will help you)

Quick Reply: My GIAC stage 2 is FAST