A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

New A7 owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New A7 owner

As a little history, I'm about to turn 62 years old and have been a HUGE gear head for over 50 years. I bought my first car magazine in 1965 and still have it along with every other car & motorcycle magazine I've ever bought. I could go on and on about my background with motor vehicles, but for now lets get to the good stuff.

I currently have a 2012 BMW 550 M-Sport as my car with four months left on the lease. My wifes cars is a 2014 Lexus GS350 with Luxury package. Because I'm buying my new car, it only cost a few months of insurance to buy before my lease runs out not he 550, so I've been looking hard (okay, I'm ALWAYS looking for my next car).

Because I don't know when the '16's will be on the ground, and I'm already spending more than I planned, I decide to just shop for a good deal on a '15 A7. Today I picked it up. Glacier White/Black Presitge with 20" wheel package. I love this car!

I'll go into my comparison of the A7, 550 and even the Lexus in the next few days on this thread. The 550 is obviously the speed winner, but other than that the cars can all be considered true competitors to many folks. They all have strengths and weaknesses, but after a couple of test drives and about 80 miles on the A7 today I'll say I think the A7 will go down as my favorite all around car. But I know that one day is not enough to really know.

Last edited by jjsC6; 11-25-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts

Jim,
I am 63 and have owned a lot of high performance over the years. We bought an A7, trading our '08 S4 Avant. They don't bring the Avants to us anymore, so my next choice was an A7. It's just an awesome car. I hope you enjoy yours as much as my wife and I enjoy ours.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats! I am known as Rexus300 over at ClubLexus when I responded to your post. Thats a beautiful looking car! I also ordered my 2016 A7 in glacier white.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dpcompt
Jim,
I am 63 and have owned a lot of high performance over the years. We bought an A7, trading our '08 S4 Avant. They don't bring the Avants to us anymore, so my next choice was an A7. It's just an awesome car. I hope you enjoy yours as much as my wife and I enjoy ours.
Thanks. I too have owned a lot of performance cars.

Originally Posted by Baloo588
Congrats! I am known as Rexus300 over at ClubLexus when I responded to your post. Thats a beautiful looking car! I also ordered my 2016 A7 in glacier white.
Thanks. Good luck on the 16.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim - enjoy it everday! I can't help grin everytime I drive mine - it's the ultimate (for me) in style, speed, comfort, handling - and utility with the hatchback! Today was out playing in the new snow with the "snowmobile" (aka Quattro and snow tires) and keeping a lookout for idiots in SUV's with crappy all season tires who think they can drive the same speed in snow.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I've driven it a little more today but not much (did a 240 mile motorcycle ride today )

I really like it a lot!
Old 11-28-2014, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

I am Dseag2 on ClubLexus and can't wait to hear further impressions. I traded an '11 S5 Cab (pictured) for my current GS F Sport and wouldn't have any hesitation going back to Audi. They treated me well.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dseag2
I am Dseag2 on ClubLexus and can't wait to hear further impressions. I traded an '11 S5 Cab (pictured) for my current GS F Sport and wouldn't have any hesitation going back to Audi. They treated me well.
I plan to write up a comparison and I'll post it on all three forums...BMW 5, Lexus GS and hear. I've only driven it once since picking it up Tuesday. Need to drive it some more!
Old 11-29-2014, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jjsC6
I plan to write up a comparison and I'll post it on all three forums...BMW 5, Lexus GS and hear. I've only driven it once since picking it up Tuesday. Need to drive it some more!
I'm kind of an audiophile and I would particularly be interested in your rating of the A7 sound system vs. the Mark Levinson system in the GS. Look forward to your review!
Old 11-30-2014, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dseag2
I'm kind of an audiophile and I would particularly be interested in your rating of the A7 sound system vs. the Mark Levinson system in the GS. Look forward to your review!
My car has the Bose system. My Lexus has ML and my BMW has the "Premium" Harmon Kardon system. Based upon some playing with the Audi system, DVDs, HD radio and some downloaded through a SD card, I'd say the Audi is definitely the worst and I would guess an audiophile would not be happy with it. My biggest complaint is the bass is not very good. I'm not a true audiophile, but I do like music and I do like a good system. I rate the BMW the best and the ML close behind.

If you want an Audi and really like a good system, I'd consider a A6 with the B&O system. The car is still going to be cheaper than an A7, and there are really good deals on the A6 right now. You could probably buy an A6 with Prestige and B&O that lists for $70,000 for around $63,000 with a "Conquest" incentive. And I'm not even sure $63,000 is the bottom. I was offered 9% off + the $1500 Conquest on a 2015 A6.

Quick Reply: New A7 owner