A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

New member potential audi owner questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member potential audi owner questions

Hello All,

I am currently looking to purchase an used/certified pre-owned Audi A7 later this year and was interested in the getting some information on the following.

1) What are the best packages for the A7 geared towards speed, tech and handling? or in other words what would the best equipped A7 have installed?

2) What are some of the issues related to the model that I should be aware of like transmission, electrical etc?

3) What is the difference between premium,premium plus and prestige?

4) Are there years of the model that have specific issues that would help me make a decision?

Thanks for your responses in advance.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bazil769
I am currently looking to purchase an used/certified pre-owned Audi A7 later this year and was interested in the getting some information on the following.
To answer correctly what is your budget? What model years are you interested in?

1) What are the best packages for the A7 geared towards speed, tech and handling? or in other words what would the best equipped A7 have installed?
Speed - the newer models have more power. It may not be enough to justify the additional cost.
Tech - Some of the higher tech features are contained in the options.
Handling - The best handling is on the cars with the sport suspension.

The best equipped A7 would be the Prestige model with additional options.

2) What are some of the issues related to the model that I should be aware of like transmission, electrical etc?
Most of the common issues have been covered under recalls. Some people avoid the first year and it's no different with the A7. Options and features sometimes changed with each year so knowing what year car your interested in is needed to be more specific.

3) What is the difference between premium,premium plus and prestige?
Premium is the base model.
Premium Plus has more standard features and sometimes is required to order certain options.
Prestige included more features and the S line body treatment. I believe S line was also on later P+ models.

4) Are there years of the model that have specific issues that would help me make a decision?
To me, the newer cars are a better deal. A CPO certified car gives you a longer warranty and newer cars have some factory warranty if they are under four year and less than 50,000 miles.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

20" wheel sport package sounds like a must for you. As stated, the rest are simply option packages. Many of the features in the option packages could be added as stand alone options with the exception of ventilated seats. They can only be had as part of the Prestige package. But be aware that different model years have had different features in the packages so you will have to research each year that you come across.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you all for the responses!
Old 02-08-2017, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2013 A7 with Prestige and Innovation Pkg

I'd try to find a 2013 A7 with Prestige and Innovation Package. It includes the Night Vision Assistant which is hard to find on 2014 and later.

Also, the heads up display is great. The night vision works great by detecting humans and you can see Deer and other animals 600 feet before they run out in front of you.

Once you have adaptive cruise and active lane assist, you'll never go back.

I'm a bit biased since I own one! Oolong Gray Metallic looks great. It's not black and really stands out as unique. This color can be hard to find too. There are about 3 other gray colors.

Best of luck in your search and purchase
Old 02-09-2017, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oolong is gorgeous and definitely worth a look!