A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Passenger Seat Symmetry

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 03:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Seat Symmetry

My 06 A8 and my 10 S5 has a setting in MMI that moves the passenger seat to the same position as the driver's seat. I am surprised the A7 does not have it. Am I missing something?
Old 11-09-2014, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny you should bring this up today. My BMW and Lexus both have memories for both sides (individual controls - not what you are referring to). I"m really goofy about the seats being even. My wife likes to get in a lay the seat back fairly far back and leaves it there. I asked her yesterday to try to remember to hit the memory button when we get home to get them back even. I never heard of a car having what you are referring to - but that would be great!
Old 11-09-2014, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jjsC6
Funny you should bring this up today. My BMW and Lexus both have memories for both sides (individual controls - not what you are referring to). I"m really goofy about the seats being even. My wife likes to get in a lay the seat back fairly far back and leaves it there. I asked her yesterday to try to remember to hit the memory button when we get home to get them back even. I never heard of a car having what you are referring to - but that would be great!
My new 2015 A7 came with the 18 way adjustable ventilated seats, and it does have a setting to sync the two seats, as well as an option that allows the driver seat control buttons to actually operate the passenger seat.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
My new 2015 A7 came with the 18 way adjustable ventilated seats, and it does have a setting to sync the two seats, as well as an option that allows the driver seat control buttons to actually operate the passenger seat.
Wow, never heard of that, but I like it. I hope the US versions have it.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Wow, never heard of that, but I like it. I hope the US versions have it.
It is a new option that wasn't available before, cost $2700
Old 11-11-2014, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Jim - I hope when you are driving, you're not secretly sneaking peeks at the passenger seat, then leaning over to adjust it so it's "juuuuuuuust riiiiight" LOL. My wife and I have a running battle since she has a shorter torso and likes car seats REALLY high - so she's always raising the seats and I'm always lowering them. However, when she leaves the passenger seat high, it's never made me goofy. :-) The things we worry about.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Phoenix1
Jim - I hope when you are driving, you're not secretly sneaking peeks at the passenger seat, then leaning over to adjust it so it's "juuuuuuuust riiiiight" LOL. My wife and I have a running battle since she has a shorter torso and likes car seats REALLY high - so she's always raising the seats and I'm always lowering them. However, when she leaves the passenger seat high, it's never made me goofy. :-) The things we worry about.
A man has certain needs…..

We wouldn't be looking at and owning cars like the A7 if we weren't just a little off center when it comes to cars.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Funny - I wish I could just lean over and change it. It's near impossible to reach from the drivers seat. I actually have to get out and eyeball it until it is even. Every Monday, after a weekend with a passenger, I have to adjust it. Worse I get in the car and start going and realize they aren't even. It takes all of my power to not pull over right then and fix it. Just call me Raymond! And I am a very good driver
Old 11-12-2014, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JShepFL
Funny - I wish I could just lean over and change it. It's near impossible to reach from the drivers seat. I actually have to get out and eyeball it until it is even. Every Monday, after a weekend with a passenger, I have to adjust it. Worse I get in the car and start going and realize they aren't even. It takes all of my power to not pull over right then and fix it. Just call me Raymond! And I am a very good driver
For those "really fine" (aka **** retentive) adjustments, wouldn't be easier just to adjust the drivers seat until it's juuuuuuuuuust right? Then wash your hands 5 (and only 5) times. LOL
Old 11-14-2014, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JShepFL

Quick Reply: Passenger Seat Symmetry