A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Pet peeves

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 07:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pet peeves

Hi

Don't get me wrong, I love my A7 but some things are bugging me too. The forum is full of posts listing all the great stuff about the A7 but not that much on areas for improvement, so I though it would be a good idea to list my pet peeves.

It's bugging me that
- I can't turn the radio off permanently, only mute it and next time I come back to the car the radio will be on
- I can't change the radio stations while on reverse (and the camera is on)
- The rear defroster is weak, it takes a long time to clear the rear window if it's foggy
- I can't close the trunk from my key fob by default
- ventilated seats are practically useless

I'm also missing
- Ability to change the steering weighting for the dynamic mode
- Air suspension (available in Europe, it's great)
- Ability to program anything to the touch pad, similar to BMW (so not just radio stations, but phone numbers and navigation destinations etc)
- More adjustments and info in MMI, e.g. ability to check tire pressures or get more info on what to do when check engine light is on

Pretty small potatoes, what's on your list?
Old 03-20-2014, 10:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

+1 on not being able to actually turn off radio/media

Would really like to have a rear window wiper - have to carry a towel to wipe it off on heavy dew mornings

I have yet to master parking with the cameras, particularly in reverse

Wish I could see the HUD when wearing my polarized sunglasses

Faster boot up of Nav, Media, and 3G connectivity

Lane assist to start working a little sooner - maybe 30 MPH?

But, definitely no killer peeves here.

Last edited by ericbergan; 03-20-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Radio can be turned off permanently by pushing the volume dial in and holding for a few seconds. However, it turns off everything permanently...
Old 03-20-2014, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My pet peeve is: I like to leave my preset stations on the steering wheel controls but I have to re-establish presets every time I start the car. Not a big deal just a nuisance.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Backup Camera

I so love my car, so even replying to a "nit" complaint thread is uncomfortable. I do have a response to the backup camera/radio issue. For "backups" that I am secure in my ability to avoid crashing into something, I simply push the parking button and all is good. This is particularly helpful when jumping into the car during an important game break when I am jumping into my car and don't want to miss any action.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmore
Hi

Don't get me wrong, I love my A7 but some things are bugging me too. The forum is full of posts listing all the great stuff about the A7 but not that much on areas for improvement, so I though it would be a good idea to list my pet peeves.

It's bugging me that
- I can't turn the radio off permanently, only mute it and next time I come back to the car the radio will be on
- The rear defroster is weak, it takes a long time to clear the rear window if it's foggy

I'm also missing
- Ability to program anything to the touch pad, similar to BMW (so not just radio stations, but phone numbers and navigation destinations etc)
- More adjustments and info in MMI, e.g. ability to check tire pressures or get more info on what to do when check engine light is on

Fully agree with the radio issue. It is most annoying that you can not start the car with the radio being totally quiet.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
Fully agree with the radio issue. It is most annoying that you can not start the car with the radio being totally quiet.
As noted above, you can start the car without the radio on.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mikemdd
As noted above, you can start the car without the radio on.
No, you can not. If you turn off the MMI before shutting the car off, it will restart the car with the radio off but EVERYTHING ELSE will be also shut down (phone, navigation).

I want the navigation and the phone stay operational, only want the radio to be quiet when I start the car. No can do!

If you have a way of doing it, I would love to hear because neither my very capable Audi service dealer nor Audi Canada customer service could offer a solution.

Last edited by fkaufman; 03-21-2014 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bmore
Hi

It's bugging me that

I'm also missing

The defroster for the driver and passenger outside mirrors only work when the mirror control switch is in the top center position. To have the passenger side mirror dip when reversing, this switch needs to be in the next position to the right, but if it is there, the defrost does not work.

There is no logic for this, the mirror dip is a great feature but it should work in the winter also!
Old 03-21-2014, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
No, you can not. If you turn off the MMI before shutting the car off, it will restart the car with the radio off but EVERYTHING ELSE will be also shut down (phone, navigation).

I want the navigation and the phone stay operational, only want the radio to be quiet when I start the car. No can do!

If you have a way of doing it, I would love to hear because neither my very capable Audi service dealer nor Audi Canada customer service could offer a solution.
The question was whether you can turn off the radio and not have it come back on....yes you can. However, if you read my post above, I note that everything else is shut off also, as you also noted.

Quick Reply: Pet peeves