A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Prestige Audi in Miami wrecked my car

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prestige Audi in Miami wrecked my car

Came back from Portland OR last week and went to pick up my car from servicing. They washed it and brought it to me. I wash shocked to see several scrapes on the entire left-side front and rear doors as well as a dent in the driver door. At first they tried to say that the damage was pre-existing. I was so hot that I was beyond words. They looked at the inspection sheet and saw for themselves that they damaged my car. Left rear door only damaged the Xpel but the driver door was beyond "fix-a-dent" repairable. They also argued with me when I stated that the car had to go back to AutoSupershield in Boca to have the doors re wrapped.

Went there Thurs to pick car up and the paint job was terrible. There was over spray where the door is attached to the car and the lowest part of the door was pock marked so obviously not painted well. Told them to keep the car and let me know when a professional repainted the door. Then they asked for the loaner a5 (2.0 fw drive and what a difference) back and I said no. I said I bought a 7 and not taking a 4 that they always give me. They then checked to see if they had a loaner 6 or 7 and they didn't so I was told I could keep the 5 ( I hadn't even turned the 5 back in).

Needless to say I am still beyond words. I will be contacting a lawyer today to see if I have a case to sue them if for nothing less the balance of my car which is about 40k.

Word to the wise for those in south FL avoid PRESTIGE AUDI in N Miami like the plague. Mechanical service may be great, but customer service, their drivers and service mgrs totally suck!!!!

Completed my service survey that I got over the weekend and had it sent to Audi America. Still thinking of writing a letter to Herr Lichte in Germany as well!

Once I pick up my car, I will never be going back to Prestige ever again. Anyone on the list go to Pembroke Pines off 75 or Coral Springs? Brahman in WPB is too far for me to travel to.

Upset owner with my dealership damaged baby.

Last edited by Mitodad; 04-20-2015 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 04-20-2015, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Btw was too much in shock, forgot to take pics.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So sorry to hear that. I can't believe an Audi dealer would do this!!

Not a lawyer myself, but would think it would be harder case in a lawsuit without proof with photos of original damage and the subsequent substandard repair/paint job damage?
Old 04-21-2015, 02:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Heard back from audiusa yesterday after they got my survey. Told them I was thinking of contacting Herr Lichte and was told by customer service that if needed they would do that. They were very surprised about that as well. The people that drive the car are maniacs at Prestige. I pick up the car today and from what I understand, they are now willing to pay dealer pricing for the two doors of 514 and change. Should be interesting to see if the paint job is ok this time.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just picked up my car and was told not to make appt with autosupershield yet as can take several weeks for Prestige to get their act together. Back now to AudrUSA fro assistance. Will forgoe legal at least for now. More to come.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck! I don't think this is unique to your dealer. My dealer tech said their automated wash includes some brushes. I wait for warm enough weather to hand wash my (brilliant black) car.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ping AoA - never too early to open a case. They can help push things along with the dealership.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

They've been involved as the service survey was sent directly to them who then cc'd it to dealership. Thx for tip though.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ken - I'm very sorry to hear of your experience; As you know, I deal with Braman in WPB. I have nothing but great things to say about my service advisor, Chris Feltner and Service Tech, Andrew Miranda. They work on both our cars and treat them like their own. They're approximately 30 minutes north of me and worth the drive. Frankly, given the trauma of the engine transplant 2 years ago (when the car was 6 weeks old) and the current engine rebuild on our A5 'Vert, I wouldn't consider going anyplace else.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Latest update. Prestige has been avoiding Audi of America's attempts at helping me rectify their negligence. This will result in AoA contacting AoA's field director to investigate the dealership when things are finally completed. As a result of all the badgering, my car is going to be flat bedded to Boca this Friday as the doors are supposed to be re wrapped Saturday at 0800 to the tune of $514 and change. Even the service mgr has been refusing to respond to AoA. The issues I complained about such as the auto stop/start deactivating itself, need to reboot Mimi, etc are still the same so once bodywork is resolved, will be going to Holman in Pembroke Pines to attempt to get that fixed again. Can't wait until this nightmare is over.

Quick Reply: Prestige Audi in Miami wrecked my car