A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Raising the car while moving

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 12:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raising the car while moving

Hey guys,

I always have this habit, that when Im entering the garage, I need to raise the car (there is a steep entrance). So I always stop the car and push the raise option. So I was wondering if You need to stand still when raising, or You can just hit the button while approaching? Is it better for the car when its stopped or it does not matter?

thanks
Old 08-05-2015, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Disstrict
Hey guys,

I always have this habit, that when Im entering the garage, I need to raise the car (there is a steep entrance). So I always stop the car and push the raise option. So I was wondering if You need to stand still when raising, or You can just hit the button while approaching? Is it better for the car when its stopped or it does not matter?

thanks
I have the same dip in my driveway into the garage and I do start to raise the suspension while approaching from 50 to 100 meter away. If your speed of approach is still too fast for the system, the feature will be blanked in the MMI, hence it's idiot proof.

My only concern is doing this raising and lowering manually on a daily basis, several times a day - like everything else, its going to shorten the life of the air pump &/or Air suspension system as a whole.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ncie, I havent noticed that the "raise" is grayed out while moving faster. thanks for the info.

another question came to my mind:
do You need to lower the car after You are in the garage? cause Im always thinking that I dont want to have the car raised the whole night and the suspension under pressure for any longer, but then I start thinking that You always hear that "snort" sound once You turn of the engine - this is probably the suspension, getting rid of the pressure, right?
Old 08-06-2015, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sadly, those of us who live on welfare and only drive A7s don't have that option
Old 08-06-2015, 11:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Disstrict
ncie, I havent noticed that the "raise" is grayed out while moving faster. thanks for the info.

another question came to my mind:
do You need to lower the car after You are in the garage? cause Im always thinking that I dont want to have the car raised the whole night and the suspension under pressure for any longer, but then I start thinking that You always hear that "snort" sound once You turn of the engine - this is probably the suspension, getting rid of the pressure, right?
Nope, I leave it in the same position and when I back it out the next day it stays raised. However, if I leave it for a coiuple of days, it 'deflates' and sits real low until I start the engine then only it'll raise rather quickly for me to back out of the garage.

Yeah, really love the adaptive air suspension. Rides great too. Only wish our N. American A7 has this option.