AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear Spoiler malfunction

Any Body else have this happen to them
Attached Images   
Old 03-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try to hold the spoiler button and see if it lifts. Maybe something's gotten stuck underneath it?
Old 03-26-2012, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ambarsaria
Try to hold the spoiler button and see if it lifts. Maybe something's gotten stuck underneath it?
nope, Nothing stuck, the spoiler still works.

when you start the car, it raises on its own and then that fault comes up on the screen, it goes and comes, while the fault is on the spoiler still works.

I will have the dealer check it out,now that i have picture of it.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

This car's a software nightmare... My MMI was stuck for a 1/2 hour last week. Even while the car was off, the screen was stuck open on the nav screen. Hopefully they've got some fixes for me at my 10K service.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm just waiting for it to start itself and drive out the garage, like Christine
Old 03-26-2012, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by raslam77
I'm just waiting for it to start itself and drive out the garage, like Christine
Lmao
Old 03-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Stevial
nope, Nothing stuck, the spoiler still works.

when you start the car, it raises on its own and then that fault comes up on the screen, it goes and comes, while the fault is on the spoiler still works.

I will have the dealer check it out,now that i have picture of it.
The car stores old fault codes so picture shouldn't be needed to prove the fault. I'm sure Audi will come forward and fix all these issues. There are so many people with "Lights Malfunction" message too. Hopefully they fix these nuisances soon.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ambarsaria
The car stores old fault codes so picture shouldn't be needed to prove the fault. I'm sure Audi will come forward and fix all these issues. There are so many people with "Lights Malfunction" message too. Hopefully they fix these nuisances soon.
The Car Stored a fault, central convenience 46 - it was a overheating of the roof module. Nothing related to the Spoiler, so i was asked to take a picture of it the next time it came up.

I showed the picture to the tech, he thinks the roof control module may also control the Rear spoiler.

That Module could very well be located Right where the spoiler is and could be getting hot, would make sense that the spoiler raises on its own, maybe to allow air to flow into the compartment and cool down the module.

Who knows
Old 03-26-2012, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

When I had my car in for service last time they performed 2 software upgrades (December). One was for the ECU and the other was for the rear spoiler. No idea what the upgrade did for the spoiler, but might want to see if you have the software upgrade.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by chicagoA6
When I had my car in for service last time they performed 2 software upgrades (December). One was for the ECU and the other was for the rear spoiler. No idea what the upgrade did for the spoiler, but might want to see if you have the software upgrade.
Thanks, i have a appointment to get the car looked at, the fault keeps coming up, although the spoiler seems to function just fine.

Quick Reply: Rear Spoiler malfunction