A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Showes wrong position on nav audi A7

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 04:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Showes wrong position on nav audi A7

Hello, i have a problem with my position on navigation on my audi a7. I happends after the car was not driven for 3 weeks because it was on sale. And i wonder what to do? Have somebody had this problem that the navigation shows that the car is many miles away from ther the car actually is? I hope somebody can help me out with this problem! I have read about take out the nav unit and wiring connector but where is this on the car? Thanks!
Old 06-21-2015, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bessi90
Hello, i have a problem with my position on navigation on my audi a7. I happends after the car was not driven for 3 weeks because it was on sale. And i wonder what to do? Have somebody had this problem that the navigation shows that the car is many miles away from ther the car actually is? I hope somebody can help me out with this problem! I have read about take out the nav unit and wiring connector but where is this on the car? Thanks!
Need some more facts. You say "it was not driven for 3 weeks because it was on sale." Did you just buy it? Did you buy it from a dealer? What year is it? Based on what you provided above, I would say take it back to the dealer and tell them the problem. Is it still under warranty? Did you buy it from a private seller? If so, take it to an Audi dealer. Last thing I would do at this point is remove anything. Like I said, I think the forum needs you to elaborate more.
Z
Old 06-21-2015, 06:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I bought it from germany and import it in to sweden, it is a 2011 model 245hp tdi, i had it for sale on a company for 3 weeks before i take it back. And after that i had problem with navigation. It locates my car another place. Te navigation is working but not where the car is, many miles away!
I had it to a audi dealer they say it wrong code on antenna, but they are not sure eather they need to take the car and see it and se where the problem is. I read on another forum that another guy had the same problem and he did take out the nav unit and wiring connector for a good reset and plug it in again then it worked! So i dont know what to do
Old 06-21-2015, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

I bought it from germany and import it in to sweden, it is a 2011 model 245hp tdi, i had it for sale on a company for 3 weeks before i take it back. And after that i had problem with navigation. It locates my car another place. Te navigation is working but not where the car is, many miles away!
I had it to a audi dealer they say it wrong code on antenna, but they are not sure eather they need to take the car and see it and se where the problem is. I read on another forum that another guy had the same problem and he did take out the nav unit and wiring connector for a good reset and plug it in again then it worked! So i dont know what to do
Personally I would take it to the dealer and let them fix it. If you feel you are skilled enough to remove the unit and wiring and work it yourself, I would say go for it, but I wouldn't. Good luck!!
Z
Old 06-21-2015, 07:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you, i will not touch it self! But have you had this problem before?
Old 06-21-2015, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you, i will not touch it self! But have you had this problem before?
No, never have. Since you bought in in Germany and brought to Sweden, could the maps which are loaded be a different version from Sweden? I realize that could be a stretch but just wondering.
Z
Old 06-21-2015, 07:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No no i have never had problem with it, i had it in sweden then i drived to croatia and albanian had no problem, worked perfectly. But when i wanted to sale it and was not driven for 3 weeks just was parking, then igot the problem, very confused!
Old 06-21-2015, 07:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Audi said its wrong code on antenna so i bought antenna and will change it so then i should see if its working!
Old 06-21-2015, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I would at least attempt to recalibrate the sat nav. Simply find an open space and drive the vehicle in a 360 deg circle 3 or 4 times. Could be a simple fix. Worth a try. Enjoy the ride.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you i will try that!

Quick Reply: Showes wrong position on nav audi A7