A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Sport package suspension

Old 12-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport package suspension

What is the difference between a model with and without sport suspension? Is it simply different springs that reduce the ride height and stiffen the ride? Looking to purchase an A7 without the sport package and possibly changing out springs later. There are several aftermarket springs already out there. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Piekas
What is the difference between a model with and without sport suspension? Is it simply different springs that reduce the ride height and stiffen the ride? Looking to purchase an A7 without the sport package and possibly changing out springs later. There are several aftermarket springs already out there. Thanks.
For one, the sports has paddle shifters.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by carljones11
For one, the sports has paddle shifters.
Yes, was aware of that difference. Was just wondering what the actual difference was within the suspension setup other than ride height/stiffness resulting from new springs.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Piekas
Wanted to breathe new life into this thread.

Can anyone tell me whether the factory sports suspension has a sway bar or anything that helps with body roll or is it just stiffer springs?

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2012, 01:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
Can anyone tell me whether the factory sports suspension has a sway bar or anything that helps with body roll or is it just stiffer springs?
I sent Audi a question asking about the difference between the stock and sport suspension option. I haven't heard back from them yet.

I would say that it would be hard to find any vehicle without a sway bar. It's an inexpensive way to improve handling. I would expect a sport suspension to have a thicker bar.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, I feel like my A7, without the sport suspension, has a tad too much body roll. Not so sure I want to deal with the while Stasis warranty pro's and con's issue and may look into what Audi would charge.

Can any sport suspension peeps out there comment on your experience with the sports suspension, especially as it pertains to body roll?

Thanks.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very limited body roll... And I took the test model on a roller coaster ride lol - Very impressive! Mine gets babied though
Old 04-17-2012, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
Yeah, I feel like my A7, without the sport suspension, has a tad too much body roll. Not so sure I want to deal with the while Stasis warranty pro's and con's issue and may look into what Audi would charge.
One of your options is to install the sport suspension sway bars if they are a larger diameter. They should bolt in without any modifications. You may want to upgrade to poly bushings while your at it. I would suspect that Stasis bars are larger than the sport sway bars and come with better than OEM bushings.

An easy way to measure your bars is to close an adjustable wrench on them and measure the gap.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

as with tridentnyc I feel the same way with body roll (not mine thankfully) and wish I had gotten the sports suspension; please let me know what the dealer says about replacing the sway bar and the cost...
Old 04-17-2012, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm actually happy with the ride in my A7 at the moment so I wouldn't want to make it any firmer. What I'd like to find out is if I can just put in a beefier sway bar and leave the softer springs in, wondering if that would do the trick.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sport package suspension