A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Subwoofer Box Build and Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome job and work! How much to build me one?
Old 06-21-2015, 04:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Flyingtiger361
Awesome job and work! How much to build me one?
haha for 2g's i would build one with the sub, lol the amount of time it took me was astronomical lol
Old 06-26-2015, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Subwoofer in c6 a6

Originally Posted by blackalak

Startin out on the fun stuff, the trimming of CF is not easy unless you tape off all trim lines and use metal shears or a rotary cutting wheel

Im Baackk!!
Where in UK Manchester can I get an subwoofer and amp install in my 2006 a6

Old 07-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Alim68
Where in UK Manchester can I get an subwoofer and amp install in my 2006 a6

I don't know of any installers there but I do know that getting the carbon components of the build is easy in the uk, just order from carbon mods or easy composites, they are both based in the UK I believe if you wish to build a box, its not very hard just time consuming I would be willing to answer any question you may have on the build process
Old 08-14-2015, 09:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

no more inset fitment, but I was also able to sand and paint/buff with an automotive gloss coat making it retardo shiny

Update* Ended up pulling the 1500 series sub out and replacing with a 2500 series DD audio 8 since the 1500 had a burr on the voice coil causing it to "clink" when moved just right and this required me to modify the box a little since the 2500 is much more "beefy" so it is now a flush mount sub but I think I like this better. I also had David and Eric with Tuning Gruppe in Mesa AZ do a GIAC flash on the car an man did that make the car feel and respond so much different.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Even though this is not recent (I have wrapped the window and door handle trim in black) i figured i would through it up so some peeps can see what I've been doing with the exterior <br/>
Old 02-15-2016, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blackalak your car is badass!!

I have a question about the sub and any issues with Codes or powering down issues. I was seeking a similar setup, but i was told from the performance shop that they dont mess with it, and had no one they would recommend at that moment who could do a good job. Im in Dallas,TX for the record and it was Autoscope.

Thanks!

Also, im thinking for doing a similar GIAC tune and pulley. Just curious whats the fastest car you beat todate?
Old 02-15-2016, 02:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KLATX
blackalak your car is badass!!

I have a question about the sub and any issues with Codes or powering down issues. I was seeking a similar setup, but i was told from the performance shop that they dont mess with it, and had no one they would recommend at that moment who could do a good job. Im in Dallas,TX for the record and it was Autoscope.

Thanks!

Also, im thinking for doing a similar GIAC tune and pulley. Just curious whats the fastest car you beat todate?
Haven't had a single issue with my setup aside from a manufacture defect on the sub, since I only drive the car once a month for like 5 days in a row I haven't had many opportunities to race anyone, I do however believe when I run a 25% e85 75% 91 octane fuel mixture i do around 4.1 or 4.2 sec 0-60 depending on how cold it is outside haha but yeah not a single issue with how I piggyback my audio control off my factory subwoofer
Old 02-15-2016, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome! I'm audio knowledge is very limited, so when you "piggyback" are you able to control the bass in terms of volume. And you kept the factory deck correct?
Old 02-15-2016, 07:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KLATX
Awesome! I'm audio knowledge is very limited, so when you "piggyback" are you able to control the bass in terms of volume. And you kept the factory deck correct?
yes, the bass is controlled via factory head unit, since the signal is coming from the factory unit as shown in post #16 on page 2 picture 2,

Quick Reply: Subwoofer Box Build and Install