Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Great minds think alike.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this affect the 2014 models as well?
Old 06-13-2016, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by Hugg727
Does this affect the 2014 models as well?
No, 2014 and 2015 models already have an updated telephone module, however, they are not eligible for AT&T service, although technically it works.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I got the letier 3 weeks ago in Northern Virginia area.

Originally Posted by snagitseven
This is actually old news - T-Mobile began changing to the newer 3G band last year in various areas of the country. As Superswiss wrote, so long as you have an active T-Mobile plan, Audi will foot the bill to upgrade the modem. The new frequency will be the same as AT&T so if you already have their service on your phone, after the upgrade you can add the car to your family share plan if you wish.
I called the number in the letter same day received the letter, no solution until now. The rep told me it is for original owners. I bought the car at Audi Tysons Corner, under warranty plus the Audi certified thing. Am I a second class owner for AoA? By the way 2 days ago started to get 2G.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hmm. I would call AoA and press the issue. Tell them you bought the car with expectations you would have the features as specified and through no fault of your own or the car, AC is being downgraded. Escalate as needed. Nothing to lose.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by eduany
I called the number in the letter same day received the letter, no solution until now. The rep told me it is for original owners. I bought the car at Audi Tysons Corner, under warranty plus the Audi certified thing. Am I a second class owner for AoA? By the way 2 days ago started to get 2G.
I live in the DC area and I've noticed the drop to 2G only service in the last few days well. AoA has told me they still expect 2-4 weeks before even coming up with a solution. That baffles me because they said they've already fixed this issue in other areas. I don't know why it's so hard here.

Between the ridiculous cost to update the maps in the car (and my dealer didn't know anything about being able to update the maps) and now the technical obsolescence of the data connection, you have to wonder if it's not better to skip the nav systems in these cars and just use Waze.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Sounds like you need to find another dealer that keeps up with tech bulletins. Others have already reported getting modem updates in the Northern VA area.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Sounds like you need to find another dealer that keeps up with tech bulletins. Others have already reported getting modem updates in the Northern VA area.
Thanks for the head's up. I've been working through AoA but I will give the dealer a shout.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:13 AM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tgsnap
Between the ridiculous cost to update the maps in the car (and my dealer didn't know anything about being able to update the maps) and now the technical obsolescence of the data connection, you have to wonder if it's not better to skip the nav systems in these cars and just use Waze.
Agreed. I'd be happy putting my phone screen to the center screen. Just wish there was a way to update the HUD via Waze guidance vs. built-in navi.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I bought my car in May and haven't been able to use any of the data features(google earth, hotspot, etc.) Every time I tried I got the network connection error or it timed out. After joining the forum I learned of the T-Mobile issue and contacted AOA. After waiting nearly 90 days for them to review my file and make a decision on whether or not I am worthy of an upgrade, yesterday they tell me I can get 2 months of 2G service for free. If I like the 2G speed then I can purchase a subscription plan. They told me I am not eligible for the hardware replacement.

Is this typical? Is there anyway I can get the free hardware upgrade later? I asked the customer service rep these questions and she said "I don't know, maybe."

Thoughts?

Quick Reply: T-Mobile to Downgrade Wireless Speed