A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Which Taillights do I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 07:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Taillights do I buy?

I was on BKS Tuning and found the facelift A7 taillights, so I was wondering do I get http://bit.ly/1SJcNzs or http://bit.ly/1SJcOn5 my guess is probably the 2nd link since my friend doesn't have the conversion kit. Also i need the adapter http://bit.ly/1SJcOn5 yes? (I mentioned the adapter in a different thread but when I'm ordering the stuff I don't need to go look in multiple threads to find it)

Thanks for your guys help!
Old 07-27-2015, 02:46 AM
RAF_S7

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Your best bet is to email the guys at BKS direct. Ive always found them to be really helpful.

There is some additional complexity for the US market because of how your turn signals are coded, so an email to BKS should tell you exactly what you need.

You may want to order the lamps locally stateside, and you just need to order the adaptor module which could be more cost effective than getting everything from BKS once you figure shipping costs in.

Good Luck - I have them on my 2014 A7
Old 07-27-2015, 04:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jkwelsh
There is some additional complexity for the US market because of how your turn signals are coded, so an email to BKS should tell you exactly what you need.

You may want to order the lamps locally stateside, and you just need to order the adaptor module which could be more cost effective than getting everything from BKS once you figure shipping costs in.

Good Luck - I have them on my 2014 A7
whats so different about the US version and Euro version and how are they coded differently? Or is it just the color of the indicator of red in the US and Orange in Europe? If so, i'm pretty sure the cops won't care or notice since we can have both red and orange turn signals
Old 07-27-2015, 09:56 PM
RAF_S7

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

In Europe the turn signal is only the orange strip.
The video shows the BKS upgrade on my car just after installation (The brake lights are on only because I have my foot on the brake)

In US (maybe not all states?) the turn signal is usually also combined with the stop light (At least in the cars Ive seen) - Your in a better position to know then I am

Check out the below video at 1:27 to see the US spec turn signal - There is a big difference in how the lights are coded to operate between the US and European versions of the car.

Last edited by jkwelsh; 07-27-2015 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jkwelsh
In US (maybe not all states?) the turn signal is usually also combined with the stop light (At least in the cars Ive seen) - Your in a better position to know then I am

There is a big difference in how the lights are coded to operate between the US and European versions of the car.

https://youtu.be/arHeJNPb1ts
I doubt the cops will care that I've got European taillights, since we allow both red and orange turn signals. I'll just be unique