A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

At what speed does rear spoiler lift?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aquarian
Cops don't know the exact speed your spoiler will raise. LOL!
They do if they are car nuts and you don't want to take the chance. Last weekend in downtown seattle, as I was getting my car, a cop walked up to admire the car and proceed to recite in minute detail a bunch of stats.
The following users liked this post:
tgai (03-17-2020)
Old 01-12-2012, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by trieste
They do if they are car nuts and you don't want to take the chance. Last weekend in downtown seattle, as I was getting my car, a cop walked up to admire the car and proceed to recite in minute detail a bunch of stats.
Stats like engine size and horsepower etc? Even if they are car nuts, none will know the exact mph about the spoiler unless they have one for themselves or they have a friend that got one. Plus, the cop will never know if you raise it up manually or automatically, unless they are right behind you and following you. If that's the case, I don't think you would want to drive to 80 mph anyway....
Old 01-12-2012, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Stats like engine size and horsepower etc? Even if they are car nuts, none will know the exact mph about the spoiler unless they have one for themselves or they have a friend that got one. Plus, the cop will never know if you raise it up manually or automatically, unless they are right behind you and following you. If that's the case, I don't think you would want to drive to 80 mph anyway....
I think that response does the definition of a car nut injustice. In a sense cars are like sports, people remember crazy amounts of stats about players, scores etc going back many years across a number of different sports. It always blows my mind the amount of things people actually remember. We have all experienced this - socially, at work...

He gave me detailed stats incl HP, torque, 0-60 etc. He even asked if I'm getting the advertised MPH. It could be that it is a new car and read something about it. It really didn't seem he knew anybody else with an A7 or had seen it before (the knowledge seemed learned).

I agree with you that there is no way to know on the road whether you deployed the spoiler or it deployed automatically. Unless they clocked you. And you're right in the Great Pacific NW there almost no opportunities to hit 80+MPH legally on the streets.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cops don't know the exact speed your spoiler will raise. LOL!
I meant that if I see it go up, it should be a reminder to myself to slow down so I don't get pulled over.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by JT Sarubbi
Does anyone know at what speed the rear spoiler lifts???
My spoiler on my A7 rises at 85mph and lowers at 55mph.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JT Sarubbi
Does anyone know at what speed the rear spoiler lifts???
Light Speed!
Old 10-25-2014, 09:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

FYI, when my spoiler did not rise at 80mph, I had my dealer check it. They said that it is "supposed" to raise up at "about" 80mph and that when they tested it, it consistently raised at 85mph.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AAAAAAA
FYI, when my spoiler did not rise at 80mph, I had my dealer check it. They said that it is "supposed" to raise up at "about" 80mph and that when they tested it, it consistently raised at 85mph.
I'll bet the techs had a blast doing numerous 0-85 MPH sprints to test your spoiler.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm bringing back an old thread. Is there a way to have the car programmed so that the wing raises at a lower speed?
Old 06-02-2015, 11:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mitchellb2005
I'm bringing back an old thread. Is there a way to have the car programmed so that the wing raises at a lower speed?

Hmmm? Seems like there should be a way using a VAG-COM.

Of course you can always push the button

Quick Reply: At what speed does rear spoiler lift?