A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Where to file a complaint with Audi Corporate?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to file a complaint with Audi Corporate?

I've been having more and more issues with my new A7. Does anyone know where I can file a complaint with corporate? Any email or fax #?
Old 11-03-2012, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Pretty easy to find on the Audi website:

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/a...ontact_us.html

Interested to know list of issues.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jfourman

Interested to know list of issues.
Link to his thread with issues:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2836219
Old 11-04-2012, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by looking@audi
Now I understand the desire to escalate to the corporate complaint department... definitely not Audi Certified's brightest moment.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks guys

In addition to the problems I mentioned before - they sold me the car without an inspection sticker. I got pulled over first day and got a ticket. Now I just got pulled over again because my temporary plates expired. They haven't been able to locate my registration or title that I was suppose to get 2 weeks ago :\ This is not counting that I've only had the car 1 week since buying it over a month ago. The rest of the time it has been in 2 different audi shops.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

I filled an email complaint with Audi. Not sure what I'm expecting - since the dealerships fixed most of the issue's (after a lot of fighting). I'm still just shocked that a $60k car fell apart as I drove it off the lot and that the dealerships were at first refusing to deal with or fix the issues. I'm also getting a little fed up with getting tickets from cops because of the incompetence of the dealership, but that's a different story.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amelen
I've been having more and more issues with my new A7. Does anyone know where I can file a complaint with corporate? Any email or fax #?
I'm sorry to hear about your horrible experience thus far with your new Audi. I would have just asked for a full refund for going through all that trouble.

I've been deciding still if I will trade in my Acura TL for an Audi A7. The problems that you and others have had on the forums got me worried about taking the plunge.

If you don't mind me asking, what dealership did you go with? The reason I ask is because I see on your profile that you are in North Jersey. I'm from there as well.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

DoctoZaius: I may be off here; but consider that Amelen's problems are related to a previously owned A7 represented by a dealer that seems to not have lived up their responsibility in certifying a previously owned car. The unknown is how the previous owner treated the car and what the dealer did to evaluate the car prior to reselling it. For the vast majority of A7, new car owners, this car is very solid. I am at 7K miles and continue to support that this is the most trouble free car that I have owned (coming off of a Lexus GS400).
Old 11-05-2012, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctoZaius
I'm sorry to hear about your horrible experience thus far with your new Audi. I would have just asked for a full refund for going through all that trouble.

I've been deciding still if I will trade in my Acura TL for an Audi A7. The problems that you and others have had on the forums got me worried about taking the plunge.

If you don't mind me asking, what dealership did you go with? The reason I ask is because I see on your profile that you are in North Jersey. I'm from there as well.
Let me put your mind at ease.

a. While a few cars may have had a major repair, in general the A7 is a terrific, solid vehicle.

b. Not all dealerships are created equally. Some of them are outright terrific, most are just fine while there are a few shoddy outfits.

I happen to deal with one that is outstanding (Midtown Audi in Toronto, Canada), couldn't be happier. They have been in the VW/Audi business for 35 years, for a good reason.

As far as the car, I have 30,000 km (18,750 miles) on mine. Here is the list of the "major" problems I had in 16 months, all cheerfully attended to by the dealer:

1. Floor light under rear door partially out. Replaced.
2. Rubber gasket of folding mirror shredding. Replaced.
3. Wiper blade not cleaning all the way. Replaced.
4. MMI display vibrating during closing cycle. Repaired.

Remember, you read about the few cases where the owner is unhappy and dissatisfied (mostly with good reason). The silent majority has no issues and quietly enjoy this terrific vehicle.

Last edited by fkaufman; 11-05-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DoctoZaius

I bought the A7 certified pre-owned from DCH Audi. They claim they sold the car to the previous owner as well. I'd still pick the A7 even after all of these experiences - it's a great car. It's just frustrating to pay $60k for a CPO car with 4k miles and have it fall apart as you drive off the lot. DCH Audi did wind up doing all the repairs for free, but the experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. The slip-up with the inspection sticker and registration just added to the problems.

Quick Reply: Where to file a complaint with Audi Corporate?