Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A8 / S8 > A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 179212
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stamford,CT.
Posts: 40
Default 2001 Audi S8 How to Program The Keyless remote to control windows and locks

Here is a small tutorial on how to program a 2001 Audi S8 to allow your Remote to control the windows and door locks.

See video below and enjoy




http://youtu.be/WQeOqBBQtF8
morpheousx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #2
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 54409
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Full-time Coloradoan now
Posts: 3,554
Default

So what happens with your "automatically locked" doors if you have a crash, are unconscious and cannot pull the key. How does someone open the door and extract you to save your life?
Kneale Brownson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:13 AM   #3
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 184138
 
silverd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: East TN
Posts: 2,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneale Brownson View Post
So what happens with your "automatically locked" doors if you have a crash, are unconscious and cannot pull the key. How does someone open the door and extract you to save your life?
To my knowledge, crash sensors are supposed to unlock the doors.
I have no intention of testing that, though
__________________
- Post-apocalyptic stunt mechanic....do NOT try this at home, unless you're not a wussy

Mine: '01 A8 SWB
Hers: '03 Allroad 2.7T
Dog's: '90 Passat wagon
silverd2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 179212
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stamford,CT.
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneale Brownson View Post
So what happens with your "automatically locked" doors if you have a crash, are unconscious and cannot pull the key. How does someone open the door and extract you to save your life?
Well...at this point,smashing the windows to get my limp,body out of the car,would be in order.
morpheousx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 163092
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 14
Default

Thanks for the posting the video. Now, if I could follow up with a couple quick questions:

1. So, looking at the chart posted in another thread, the code of 16232 is basically taking the 16200 Code from the table (One Touch Lock, Remote Window Control, Horn Lock) and adding "Auto Lock" Code 32 to come up with the 16232. Is that correct?

2. I did not realize that the Auto Lock included an auto unlock function with key removal. The chart notes only indicated Auto lock but nothing about the unlock. So, the Auto Unlock is definitely part of that function, correct?

3. Are the procedures for a 2002 S8 going to be exactly the same?

4. What is a "reasonable" charge for an independent garage to carry out this procedure?

Thanks for the help!
93SHOcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #6
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 184138
 
silverd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: East TN
Posts: 2,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93SHOcar View Post
Thanks for the posting the video. Now, if I could follow up with a couple quick questions:

1. So, looking at the chart posted in another thread, the code of 16232 is basically taking the 16200 Code from the table (One Touch Lock, Remote Window Control, Horn Lock) and adding "Auto Lock" Code 32 to come up with the 16232. Is that correct?

2. I did not realize that the Auto Lock included an auto unlock function with key removal. The chart notes only indicated Auto lock but nothing about the unlock. So, the Auto Unlock is definitely part of that function, correct?

3. Are the procedures for a 2002 S8 going to be exactly the same?

4. What is a "reasonable" charge for an independent garage to carry out this procedure?

Thanks for the help!
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. I don't know(?) The basic software to do this is a free download (link). All that is needed is a computer and a standard OBD2 cable (2nd link).

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds-lite/index.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vag-Com-USB-..._Tools&vxp=mtr

This same set up can read just about every module and fault code in the car...WELL worth having, even if you don't do your own mechanic work...you'll know when you're being lied to by mechanics
__________________
- Post-apocalyptic stunt mechanic....do NOT try this at home, unless you're not a wussy

Mine: '01 A8 SWB
Hers: '03 Allroad 2.7T
Dog's: '90 Passat wagon
silverd2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:09 AM   #7
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 179212
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stamford,CT.
Posts: 40
Default

SilverD2 is on the money as usual.

I got 2 vag-com cables off eBay for 9.00 each from china and have a full version of the vag-com software,the lite version is free but you can't clear codes,unless you pay $100.00 to get it registered. which i didn't... ^_^
morpheousx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #8
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 184138
 
silverd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: East TN
Posts: 2,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheousx View Post
SilverD2 is on the money as usual.

I got 2 vag-com cables off eBay for 9.00 each from china and have a full version of the vag-com software,the lite version is free but you can't clear codes,unless you pay $100.00 to get it registered. which i didn't... ^_^
Actually I can clear codes on any module with the free VCDS-lite version...I'm amazed at what it lets me do for free. I can also recode any module..trans, central lock, etc...

I just can't use "basic settings","measuring blocks" or "output tests"...and any codes I get that are "undefined" by VCDS, I can look up on Bentley or many free web sources.

I'll eventually buy the license, but have been very please with how much more a cheap cable can do over the $80 OBD2 reader I've had for years...infinitely more useful..just requires a computer to hook to.
__________________
- Post-apocalyptic stunt mechanic....do NOT try this at home, unless you're not a wussy

Mine: '01 A8 SWB
Hers: '03 Allroad 2.7T
Dog's: '90 Passat wagon
silverd2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8




Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2001, a8, a8l, audi, code, control, d2, garage, key, keyless, location, program, programming, receiver, remote, s8, touch, unlock


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:21 AM.


Copyright 2014 AudiWorld.com Audi Enthusiast Community