A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS error light - 00301 Return Flow Pump Implausible signal

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey! I had the same problem with ABS unit on my A8, first I bought another unit, but the error was still there, than I bought another unit, the error was still there!!! so I found a very good car electrician, and after two hours he fixed the error, he changed some cables, I dont know exactly which, but I recommend you find a good electrician...
Good luck
Old 03-17-2018, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have a similar issue with s8 2001 with ESP, where once I had problem with ABS module or pump that was stuck on with some kind of electric failure. After coming from work i encountered an empty battery. My bro checked for problems and knocked on the relay and after that it was working fine for a month or two. Later the light came on and now its disappearing when i start my drive but when i brake or drive a few meters it just comes on again - when it comes on i can hear the relay clicks under foot well. I also have a small leak on top of the ABS module, where the brake lines connect. Now I have changed both relays under LHD drivers wheel, checked the fuse in the trunk and have not figured out the issue yet.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snel
I have a similar issue with s8 2001 with ESP, where once I had problem with ABS module or pump that was stuck on with some kind of electric failure. After coming from work i encountered an empty battery. My bro checked for problems and knocked on the relay and after that it was working fine for a month or two. Later the light came on and now its disappearing when i start my drive but when i brake or drive a few meters it just comes on again - when it comes on i can hear the relay clicks under foot well. I also have a small leak on top of the ABS module, where the brake lines connect. Now I have changed both relays under LHD drivers wheel, checked the fuse in the trunk and have not figured out the issue yet.
So yesterday I chased the wires and got 12v on the gray wire, which made the motor run but I had a lil smoke coming from the module connector and also wire that I used to give 12v to the relay connection went hot quite fast. I suppose it is the pump, but Im no electrician.