Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A8 / S8 > A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 277360

Default AC sprays water from center and only hot air from sides '97A8Q

Subject pretty much says it all. If I set both sides to lo then I get hot air out of everywhere but the center, where I get cool air and eventually little bits of water. Never sounds like running water, though, or splashing. I'm suspecting icing and that the heater valve is never switching off. Do I just need a vag-com to figure this one out, or do I just rebuild or replace something?
hyperlogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:46 PM   #2
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 184138

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlogos View Post
Subject pretty much says it all. If I set both sides to lo then I get hot air out of everywhere but the center, where I get cool air and eventually little bits of water. Never sounds like running water, though, or splashing. I'm suspecting icing and that the heater valve is never switching off. Do I just need a vag-com to figure this one out, or do I just rebuild or replace something?

I'd start by cleaning the interior AC drains...the always seem to clog eventually...that could be the source of the "spray".

http://www.audipages.com/Tech_Articl...tordrains.html

The cool/hot air maybe totally unrelated to the spray ...it may just need a recharge (top off) of refrigerant and/or a VagCom scan for codes (temp flaps/motors, etc...).

Low on refrigerant in these cars usually starts with driver's side (LHD) blowing much warmer than passengers side...worse as refrigerant level goes down.

http://forums.quattroworld.com/a8/msgs/15213.phtml

A VagCom scan will tell you a lot.

Mine: '01 A8 SWB
Hers: '03 Allroad 2.7T
Dog's: '90 Passat wagon
silverd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 277360

Well, I will check the drains, but I get FULL HOT air out of everywhere but the center, and I get semi-cooled air from the center. Pretty sure the AC is actually working, and I'm not asking for ANY hot air, so clearly there is something bananas
hyperlogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement