A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On a lighter note...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default On a lighter note...

Ok, so it's not that light. It's stock trim wrapped in carbon fiber by oCarbon.

This stuff is incredible (the depth is difficult to capture in a photo). The wood trim was the one part of the S8's interior I was never thrilled about. That and the soft rubbery material that was used on the window switch trim surround panels instead of wood. Those are coming in CF as well in the next couple of weeks.

AoA is fully detailing my car and using in a display event in Aspen next month. They requested stock appearance, but I'll assume they were referring to the exterior only I'll post photos of the event as well.
Attached Images  
Old 05-23-2014, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts

Very cool about the detailing and car showing! I would love to see photos.

I couldn't agree more with soft rubbery window switch trim comment. I drives me crazy seeing all the little nicks and scratches. However, I really like the clean-monotone look of the interior; just wish Audi had used a more durable product.

BTW - For black interiors with small nicks and scratches in the rubbery trim, a black Sharpie permanent marker will mask very well.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Unfortunately photos are all I will get myself! The event is some sort of release for the new 2015 A8/S8 and only Audi execs are in attendance. Oh well, I get a 2015 loaner for a week and an all expenses paid trip to Aspen to use anytime in the future. I'm not complaining. They don't even drive my car and it comes back cleaner than it left. They're even flying out a detail crew from Germany to freshen the cars before they go on display.

I came across this procedure and may do this after the CF swap (I kept the entire stock trim set and found a loaner on Ebay to send to oCarbon) just for the heck of it. I'd then have a perfect set of stock S8 trim for sale I guess

http://www.audipages.com/Tech_Articl..._refinish.html
Old 07-30-2014, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 2001 S8
Very cool about the detailing and car showing! I would love to see photos.

I couldn't agree more with soft rubbery window switch trim comment. I drives me crazy seeing all the little nicks and scratches. However, I really like the clean-monotone look of the interior; just wish Audi had used a more durable product.

BTW - For black interiors with small nicks and scratches in the rubbery trim, a black Sharpie permanent marker will mask very well.
I've solved the rubbery window trim issue, but without the Sharpie route:

oCarbon.com - A8 and S8 carbon fiber project thread

And as promised (posted on QW but forgot to here), photos from the display events in Aspen:
Attached Images      
Old 08-14-2014, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow, that looks nice and that's excellent that your car is being used in a display. Just come back for a camping trip in my 99 A8 and we did some nice washboard dirt roads with her north of Steamboat, worn control arms and all. Sometimes it's nice to have a junker but I still worry about her when I hit the really big potholes!