A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 audi a8 parking brake warning light

Old 05-05-2016, 06:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 audi a8 parking brake warning light

Okay here's my problem, my electronic parking brakes work fine no problems with them engaging and disengaging, but I still have the warning light on the dash. And I have a code for 02443 control head electrical problem in circut. How would fix this problem, the warning light is annoying....
Old 05-05-2016, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

That code can be associated with a failed electronic parking brake module or parking brake motor. Is the light red or yellow?
Old 05-05-2016, 11:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jack88
That code can be associated with a failed electronic parking brake module or parking brake motor. Is the light red or yellow?
I replaced the left motor about two months ago. But that lights always been on, it's the crossed out Pizza symbol
Old 05-05-2016, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Did you do a function test and longitudinal acceleration sensor test? I can only find instructions for the A6, but it should apply to the A8. If you didn't complete the proper procedure, even replacing a faulty part will still leave the warning codes. Did you clear all codes through VCDS or have you been using OBDII?
Old 05-05-2016, 07:57 PM
Engineer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

use this cheap trick, disconnect the battery for like 20 mins, so the system drain.... reconnect it then immediately go to a drive around the block it fine, park the vehicle Put shifter in P but DONT engage the parking brakes, turn off the key then immediately open the driver door or its open the door then immediately remove the key. DONT press FOB buttons, you will hear the brakes cycle few time, this is where is attemp a self adaptation.... should clear the error.... if not then you might have the use VAG, make sure the thickness is correct on the pads also, check the coding the original is 0000532
Old 05-06-2016, 06:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My EPB dash warning just came on this week too. Following this thread for updates.

I've noticed that occasionally when I get home, put it into park, turn off the ignition, and remove the key, that then I can hear the EPB cycling. Thought it was a fault of some sort, but the cycling would stop and the EPB always functioned afterward so I didn't worry about it.

Now I've got the yellow warning light on the dash.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Engineer

usually the cycling is when the EPB module was reset, could be your battery is low, I know the car might start fine but when the battery manager kicks in it turns off certain stuff, check you battery level in the MMI if you have that option or use a volt meter, or do a scan, I bet there is low battery data in the modules..

try cycle the EPB from inside the car few time then reset the ignition see if the fault goes away.... sometime its just low voltage....

Indicator lamp for electromechanical parking brake

Lamp lights up red:
  • To indicate that required clamping force has been built up
  • The lamp lights up with parking brake applied and ignition switched on.
  • The lamp stays on for approx. 20 seconds after the ignition is switched off.
  • If the parking brake is applied with ignition switched off, the lamp lights up for approx. 20 seconds.
The lamp should go out when the parking brake is released.
Lamp flashes red:
If the lamp flashes red continuously after the parking brake has been applied, this can have one of the following causes:
  • The braking force developed by the parking brake is not sufficient to prevent the vehicle from rolling
  • The temperature of the brakes is too high
If the lamp flashes red, the vehicle must be held by another means
Lamp lights up green:
    Yellow warning lamp lights up additionally:
    • In case of malfunction of the parking brake the yellow symbol in the instrument cluster display lights up additionally and the warning: Parking brake! is displayed.
    Old 05-06-2016, 12:10 PM
    Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Shamoye Lewis
    usually the cycling is when the EPB module was reset, could be your battery is low, I know the car might start fine but when the battery manager kicks in it turns off certain stuff,
    I recently replaced my brake light switch since my taillights were coming on, obviously a drain on the battery. I'll check the battery status in MMI and cycle manually as you suggested.

Thanks,
    Old 05-11-2016, 02:33 AM
    AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Khachatur Kocharyan
    Okay here's my problem, my electronic parking brakes work fine no problems with them engaging and disengaging, but I still have the warning light on the dash. And I have a code for 02443 control head electrical problem in circut. How would fix this problem, the warning light is annoying....
    I have the same problem and code. I just ordered a new Rear parking brake motor. Currently I've removed the two 30 amp fuses to stop the siren and Parking brake flashing light. The flashing brake lite still is annoying.
    Old 05-11-2016, 12:10 PM
    Engineer

Originally Posted by Terry Gentry
    I have the same problem and code. I just ordered a new Rear parking brake motor. Currently I've removed the two 30 amp fuses to stop the siren and Parking brake flashing light. The flashing brake lite still is annoying.
    stuck with it until you fix the issue

Search this Thread
    Quick Reply: 04 audi a8 parking brake warning light