A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 S8 CARPHONE BATTERY

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 S8 CARPHONE BATTERY

Hi

I'm a newbie and recent purchaser of a 2007 S8. Wonderful car.

Trying to get Bluetooth operating, but the centre armrest-located Audi carphone through which Bluetooth routes is inoperative. Appears the battery is flat.

Audi wants $180 for the battery. I'd like to buy cheaper through the net.

there are no brand, model or serial numbers on the phone itself other than Audi badging and Audi part number.

Does anyone know the brand and model of the phone? Or even a good place top source the battery?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PopeyeS8
Hi

I'm a newbie and recent purchaser of a 2007 S8. Wonderful car.

Trying to get Bluetooth operating, but the centre armrest-located Audi carphone through which Bluetooth routes is inoperative. Appears the battery is flat.

Audi wants $180 for the battery. I'd like to buy cheaper through the net.

there are no brand, model or serial numbers on the phone itself other than Audi badging and Audi part number.

Does anyone know the brand and model of the phone? Or even a good place top source the battery?

Many thanks in advance.
Post up a picture of the phone. I'm sure someone would be able to help you. In the UK, we have a national parts place called EURO CAR PARTS. They stock almost every spare part for German cars, you can opt for genuine and replacement. Maybe try on their site if you have the part number :
http://www.eurocarparts.com/
They may ship to the US.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Take it to a local Batteries + Bulbs store. They are great. If you're near Ann Arbor, MI, ask for Dan at that store. He's an Audi freak.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

the B&B stores that I've stopped at are often 4x the price of Amazon and 2x the price of other places. And totally unwilling to dicker on price. So caveat emptor.

If that 2007 car phone is a dedicated (fixed installation) car phone? It may be a 3W analog phone, which can no longer get any kind of service. I don't what what Audi was doing, but they typically did not have any built-in battery. When the carriers discontinued analog service, a lot of folks simply pulled the fuse.

So...car phone battery? I'd try to poke around and get some ID from the phone first. Q 2007 phone with Bluetooth in it would have been terribly rare, from what I recall. A dedicated car phone with BT in it, most unlikely unless there's some Audi spec that says otherwise.

You may want to call Audi-US and ask them to get some specs out of the vault, that's some very uncommon equipment if it has a battery and BT from 2007. If there's any chance you have an AUX input on the radio and can plug a BT adapter into that...quicker faster cheaper and I'd bet better sound quality as well.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Sometimes you have to pay for what a full-service store provides. Otherwise, keep searching for Amazon deals.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by sbarlas
Post up a picture of the phone. I'm sure someone would be able to help you. In the UK, we have a national parts place called EURO CAR PARTS. They stock almost every spare part for German cars, you can opt for genuine and replacement. Maybe try on their site if you have the part number :
http://www.eurocarparts.com/
They may ship to the US.
Thanks for this great advice.[ATTACH][ATTACH]Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1321
Size:  38.7 KB[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attaced are photos of the phone and the battery and cover.

The part number 4EO 861 473 draws a blank on every site I've gone to (Audionlineparts.com, euro car parts.com etc).
Old 07-07-2014, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for this great advice.[ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 40184[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attaced are photos of the phone and the battery and cover.

The part number 4EO 861 473 draws a blank on every site I've gone to (Audionlineparts.com, euro car parts.com etc).
I'm such a tech klutz, sorry, didn't post the photo of the phone or battery. Try again....
Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2014, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm such a tech klutz, sorry, didn't post the photo of the phone or battery. Try again....
And one more
Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2014, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

That phone is history. Take it out and try pairing some newer cellphone. That may require playing with Telephone > Settings in MMI or VCDS.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Yes Mishar is right.
I have that phone near enough new in bag and in the cradle untouched. Just pair your cell phone via bluetooth. As long as the original Audi phone is not on it should be easy for you to do as the A8 should pick it up.

Quick Reply: 2007 S8 CARPHONE BATTERY