A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Audi A8 Information

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Audi A8 Information

Hi everyone. I'm looking into purchasing an this Audi A8 in the link below. Has anybody seen this? Thanks in advance.

Cars for Sale: Used 2008 Audi A8 in L 4.2, Miami FL: 33168 Details - Sedan - Autotrader
Old 08-20-2016, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Well, the price is on the high end for a 4.2 car, but it's well optioned. The only options I see missing is the adaptive cruise control and extended leather. I would highly recommend getting an inspection at an Audi mechanic or dealership with a full scan.

That dealer is next door to a repair shop and in a low income neighborhood, which usually means their cars are either bottom of the barrel at auction or wrecked cars with clean titles that have been repaired just enough to get on the road. My gut says walk away based on that alone, but if you feel you must proceed, be very cautious and run at the first sign of trouble.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jack88
That dealer is next door to a repair shop and in a low income neighborhood, which usually means their cars are either bottom of the barrel at auction or wrecked cars with clean titles that have been repaired just enough to get on the road. My gut says walk away based on that alone, but if you feel you must proceed, be very cautious and run at the first sign of trouble.
The fact that it's being sold in a low income neighborhood doesn't tell you anything about the car. You're comment is hateful and stems from ignorance. Shame on you.

A thorough inspection and scan is the only thing that can tell you the condition of the car. So much slips through the cracks that I don't even have faith in Carfax anymore.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by GradecEngineering
The fact that it's being sold in a low income neighborhood doesn't tell you anything about the car. You're comment is hateful and stems from ignorance. Shame on you.
There's nothing hateful about it, a small dealer buying cheap property and cramming all the cars they can on the lot is not where you want to buy cars. I only noted the neighborhood as an indication of the cheaper property. The reason they bought cheaper property is often due to a lack of capital, and the need to stretch a dollar often results in subpar inventory. They end up with cars that higher end dealers won't touch. This means a lot of their inventory comes in needing repair, and thanks to the need to cut costs, get repaired as cheaply as possible, or not at all if they think they can get away with it.

I don't appreciate the implications of your statement. My use of locational analysis is based off my personal experience shopping for cars. I used to include places like that in my hunt, but every single time, the product was highly suspect upon inspection, if not flat out obviously junk. After a couple dozen wasted trips, I adjusted my methods. If you disagree with my analysis, that's fine, but please do not personalize it.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by GradecEngineering
Jack is right.😎

Last edited by mishar; 08-20-2016 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I hate used car dealers. Personally I would not even bother to go to look at it. Find a private seller.
Old 08-20-2016, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you guys for your opinions
Old 08-20-2016, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I think it's worth looking at if you have a good grasp on what to look for and a VCDS scan. That car also has an Audi Exclusive interior which is rare too.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default This car has 2 keys... I think it's worth a look

The rear seat looks practically new. If the car is clean from carfax, should check it out carefully, make sure everything works. Use Edmunds.com for the average price. The ex owner took care of the car... look at the tires.

Cheers and good luck,

Louis

Last edited by ltooz_a6_a8_q7; 08-20-2016 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The price does seem a little bit high, but A) it's clearly well maintained, just based off of the pictures and B) it seems to have nearly every add-on that was offered.

Pending a VCDS scan and PPI if possible, I'd go for it. Also check out the dealers reputation online. I bought mine from a dealer that didn't have a very good rep, but it checked out, and they included all of the service records dating back to items the original owner had replaced under warranty. I probably paid about $1,000 too much for it, but to me having the service history coupled with the condition it's in was well worth it.

Quick Reply: 2008 Audi A8 Information