A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 A8L-27k--possible purchase

Old 07-25-2015, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 A8L-27k--possible purchase

Hello to all
First post....been reading a lot the last 1.5 hours on this site. I've been involved with Lexus forum and Volvo forum but first time with Audi.

I am looking at a 09 A8L with only 27k on it. It looks like it has cold weather pkg because rear seats are heated and there is rear pass through but I am not entirely sure. Has automatic rear sunshade and adaptive cruise control as well from what the dealer told me.

I am trying to get this dealer to have an Audi dealership inspect the car. Just want to make sure there is no issues.

Any advice on what I should be looking for before I sign? My first Audi.

thanks
Old 07-25-2015, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Definitely have someone look at it, preferably with a VAG COM. Make sure the suspension goes between all the modes, including raising the ride height, without any issue. Check the bluetooth functionality. Spare tire equipment has a nasty habit of going missing at shadier dealers, as well as manuals. Check all the buttons, functions, and features to make sure they are all working, including the sunroof. Make sure on the test drive to check the adaptive cruise control for proper function. Make sure the body panels, particularly the fenders, have even gaps(uneven gaps are a sign of a collision.) Lastly, do a record check to see if there is any accident history.

In any case, at that mileage, it should really be truly immaculate.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jack

really nice, Ibis White and beige...bought in FL then brought up to NY......one owner....clean carfax but I think Carfax is nearly a joke.....will check everything out on Monday when I go to finalize deal.....I think if the Audi dealership inspects it and I check everything we should be alright.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

I'd bet it's fine, but a little caution never hurt. Very nice color combo.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default always bring some kids with you, if you don't have any

Originally Posted by the_kid_hartford
Thanks Jack

really nice, Ibis White and beige...bought in FL then brought up to NY......one owner....clean carfax but I think Carfax is nearly a joke.....will check everything out on Monday when I go to finalize deal.....I think if the Audi dealership inspects it and I check everything we should be alright.
borrow some, let them sit in the back and play with all the switches so you don't have to.
drive it many miles, slow, fast, turn off the radio, play with it when the driving is done, listen for noise, I would prefer driving at night when the weather is cold and traffic noise die down. You will hear noises that shouldn't be there, even the sunroof leaks.
Dealer can't really check anything beside visual inspections and VCDS codes.
The reason for testing it at night, when you unlock the doors, all four door handles LED will be on and mirrors also, it's beautiful.
Make sure all settings of the suspension work. When you lock the car after driving it, you should hear the suspension air pump releases air.
Pair the phone with bluetooth and make phone call using voice activation, navigation, radio also. If you have a 30 pins iPod or iPhone, plug into the MMI to make sure it works, if you have 30pins bluetooth dongle, plug it in to see if you can stream music from android or iPhone.
Check my signature for things I posted here, some may help your purchase.
09 with 27k miles must cost a bunch, don't spare any unnecessary expenses after driving off with the car, none of them is chump change.
-All options must work unless you don't need them then it's OK.
Your first instinct is always right.

Cheers,

Louis
Old 07-26-2015, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like you found a near virgin example of a late D3. I hope it works out well for you. Post pictures if it finally happens.

ltooz_a6_a8_q7 has a very comprehensive youtube video that would help you a lot. Look through his website.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I hope you bought it.

Been and Acura Owner for years and they do not compare.
Just got 2006 A8 L with 62 K and I'm very impressed.

Good Luck