A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air suspension compressor fixed !...but now this

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air suspension compressor fixed !...but now this

bagpipingandy refirbish kit got this blowing high now.
only issue is keeping the airline in.

works non-stop. doesnt cut out or intermitent. so not margnet.

not fuse and not relay.

gotta be front struts. fh.ront end sags. maybe bot

but how to do soapy test with tire on ? simple as lift one corner and take tire off ?

thanks in advance.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

your pump keeps running? It should shut off even if it doesnt reach pressure... it will time out.

I would really check your relay. Mine was fused shut causing the pump to stay on. if you have replaced it, it could still fuse. Does it turn off with the car?
Old 11-22-2014, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I hope you don't take offense but from reading your various posts I believe you are struggling with this.

You really ought to get someone who is experienced in working on these types of systems to help you.

I fear at the least you could end up doing more damage, but at worst hurting yourself.

We all like to do as much as we can but if its not your line of expertise then you may be better having assistance in person, there is only so much can be done via internet.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by haggisuk
I hope you don't take offense but from reading your various posts I believe you are struggling with this.

You really ought to get someone who is experienced in working on these types of systems to help you.

I fear at the least you could end up doing more damage, but at worst hurting yourself.

We all like to do as much as we can but if its not your line of expertise then you may be better having assistance in person, there is only so much can be done via internet.
are you referring to the OP or me? I have full understanding of the air ride systems as well as being an electrical engineer. I have assessed the motor and amperage draw for the pump at a normal state. The relay can stick after years of arking when it is closing or opening. The copper slowly degrades and will finally fail. That is honestly the only way the air ride will stay on. It has a software timeout that will shut down the pump if it keeps running and cannot catch up.

OP: is your compressor staying on or running and pausing? if it is turning off and on constantly then it is getting up to pressure but has leaks or something more severe. If it is staying on constantly than your relay probably is getting stuck. If it is blowing the lines off then it sounds like the connectors are shot. with increased pressure the connectors should grab the line harder. If you simply pulled the line out it could have damaged the connector. You need to press the collet towards the pump while pulling the hose to release.

Chris
Old 11-24-2014, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Stinson
are you referring to the OP or me? I have full understanding of the air ride systems as well as being an electrical engineer. I have assessed the motor and amperage draw for the pump at a normal state. The relay can stick after years of arking when it is closing or opening. The copper slowly degrades and will finally fail. That is honestly the only way the air ride will stay on. It has a software timeout that will shut down the pump if it keeps running and cannot catch up.

OP: is your compressor staying on or running and pausing? if it is turning off and on constantly then it is getting up to pressure but has leaks or something more severe. If it is staying on constantly than your relay probably is getting stuck. If it is blowing the lines off then it sounds like the connectors are shot. with increased pressure the connectors should grab the line harder. If you simply pulled the line out it could have damaged the connector. You need to press the collet towards the pump while pulling the hose to release.

Chris
I was referring to the OP, the fact that the compressor continually runs tells me that he does not have the basics of the system understood, I'm not pointing this out to belittle him.

We all have strengths and weakness in life, I'm sure he knows plenty of stuff we don't, that said I do believe that its in his best interest to get someone there hands on to help.