A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A8 D3 MMI 2G Custom Entertainment System

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

Those ones will do the dynamic lines, but not the park sensor graphic also like the OEM RVC implementation. How is that achieved? Presumably by that custom prototype interface?

Last edited by dvs_dave; 05-01-2016 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default As long as you have CAN Bus connected and the 4E0 919 283 C

Originally Posted by dvs_dave
Those ones will do the dynamic lines, but not the park sensor graphic also like the OEM RVC implementation. How is that achieved? Presumably by that custom prototype interface?
installed and MMI version 1190 and up, the graphical can be selected.
for back up line, you need MMI version 41xx and up (when RVC starts in 2007)

When you select back up camera function through CAN BUS, the lines and graphical can be selected individually or combo together.

These are things I understood the MMI RVC back up camera when I retrofit my car.

Cheers,

Louis
Old 05-01-2016, 11:22 PM
Engineer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Non of those interface will do the dynamic lines or park sensor graphic, they don't have these wires and the require a reverse signal wire

their software is from 2009 the one I'm using is December 2015 software, a friend of mines has the one in the link in this car for a while it just show the regular straight lines like aftermarket camera he will be changing to one of these this week

to answer dave question before last
lol its not really weird, I wanted reverse camera and didn't want to got through all the FBAS this and that.... so I went researching and had it made from one of the normal ones around.

so I get all the oem options like doing FBAS mod with more features and less headache, no coding no component protection, its only 5 wires to connect, the hard work is ripping the dash apart but its made in such a way you don't need to hack or cut any wired in the car (I hate cutting car wires) it just connects to car already vacant molex connections... I know these cars are old but still quiet a few in circulation... so its not weird just like how I have Bluetooth Streaming AUX, also I'm trying to hack the MMI pad to usb or serial to control a pi or android box but I dunno yet, I already know the MMI use Rotary encoders and what not but I'm trying to decode the final signals probably would not work...

but dave are you trying to get backup camera or just curious?
Old 05-02-2016, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

I'm both curious and toying with fitting a backup cam. I like the OEM implementation and would aim for that, but like you am not inclined to spend $$$$ replacing a bunch of perfectly good modules and messing around with component protection to do it.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Whatever he got... Get it when it's available

I'm both curious and toying with fitting a backup cam. I like the OEM implementation and would aim for that, but like you am not inclined to spend $$$$ replacing a bunch of perfectly good modules and messing around with component protection to do it.
Sounds really good, especially it actually works.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:54 PM
Engineer

Yep that was my idea plus at the same time I get video inputs, and what not some friend of mines in the area interested, so I'm getting a few done for them...

At their moment my mmi screen is out because I'm getting some information from it trying to make it higher resolution lol, probably install a touch panel I have while I'm at it, to control a pi or something, friend of mines wants the dvd player i have when i get him the module, i dont really use dvd and I can just

Old 05-09-2016, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed you have the BOYO ATSC M/H MHC TV tuner.... did you get it to work? I got the BOYO VT-MHS Mobile TV Tuner + antenna and had to return it cos it didn't receive any stations (while mobile or stationary).
Old 05-10-2016, 07:13 AM
Engineer

Originally Posted by ebi718
I noticed you have the BOYO ATSC M/H MHC TV tuner.... did you get it to work? I got the BOYO VT-MHS Mobile TV Tuner + antenna and had to return it cos it didn't receive any stations (while mobile or stationary).
BOYO ATSC M/H MHC TV tuner works like a champ hard to find, discontinued. BOYO VT-MHS Mobile TV Tuner is ****, doesn't work..... I had mines 4 years now in my A6 but it had a problem with the internal power supply that got worst, would only stay on for 5 to 10 mins, so I replaced the tuner with a standard stationary one, useful if you just chilling in the car, in motion I use music videos, movies and tv shows, mostly music videos, they then to be less distracting that movies and tv shows.. but to answer you question use a standard tuner scan it stationary then you're good, there is only 1 channel in NY that mobile anyways... until I fix my boyo or find a better hybrid, ill stick to the stationary one..
Old 05-11-2016, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah, that explains it. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Shamoye Lewis
BOYO ATSC M/H MHC TV tuner works like a champ hard to find, discontinued. BOYO VT-MHS Mobile TV Tuner is ****, doesn't work..... I had mines 4 years now in my A6 but it had a problem with the internal power supply that got worst, would only stay on for 5 to 10 mins, so I replaced the tuner with a standard stationary one, useful if you just chilling in the car, in motion I use music videos, movies and tv shows, mostly music videos, they then to be less distracting that movies and tv shows.. but to answer you question use a standard tuner scan it stationary then you're good, there is only 1 channel in NY that mobile anyways... until I fix my boyo or find a better hybrid, ill stick to the stationary one..
Old 05-19-2016, 08:56 PM
Engineer

Finally Touch is Perfect Will post another video tomorrow this was just a quick test earlier today

Quick Reply: Audi A8 D3 MMI 2G Custom Entertainment System