A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AW technical issue/change that has sidelined me, maybe for good.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

MP4:

As you know, I just don't come over here due to the format. Sometimes I stick my head in or search because it has a lot more D3 content as compared to QW.

About a month ago, it logged me out and when I would come over here it was NOTHING BUT ADS, I finally logged back in and see your case.

Since I have purchased my Alfa and Porsche's I have gotten used to this format, albeit that I don't like it as much as Kawf. Once I learned the icons and how to find "read the first unread post" icon on a thread, it became much easier.

I get your point and it is well taken as I viewed it as you had before. At least I don't have to see "Don Negyen's" thread that just comes over and over again and grows and grows, now I just skip its one line.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulW
MP4:

As you know, I just don't come over here due to the format. Sometimes I stick my head in or search because it has a lot more D3 content as compared to QW.

About a month ago, it logged me out and when I would come over here it was NOTHING BUT ADS, I finally logged back in and see your case.

Since I have purchased my Alfa and Porsche's I have gotten used to this format, albeit that I don't like it as much as Kawf. Once I learned the icons and how to find "read the first unread post" icon on a thread, it became much easier.

I get your point and it is well taken as I viewed it as you had before. At least I don't have to see "Don Negyen's" thread that just comes over and over again and grows and grows, now I just skip its one line.
HELP! How can I drain or set to ignore, etc. the useless Don Nguyen "vinyl wrapping world tour" thread?
Old 04-01-2015, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Well....just don't open it
Old 04-01-2015, 07:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Bally
Well, I disagree with dvs_dave and you. Since this is a big deal to one of the most helpful , long-term posters here, it is a big deal.
How many DIY W12 guys are floating around? We can't afford any fewer! I want to own one down the line and honestly a lot of his threads have taught me a lot about them.

I'm 100% DIY but I'll take anyone's guide when I can save time and learn from their experiences! Same with experiences with different brands and grades of parts. Crossover numbers, etc. Useful posters leaving over something like this is sad.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts
Default Update FWIW; no change; feedback on my recent user/poster experience

I never heard further from AW after my last posts a few weeks ago. I was out of the country for several weeks with no good internet access beyond an iPhone screen. For anyone wanting to chime in, the Feedback thread about this is here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/fee...about-2880327/ A few of you have done so.

FWIW, I did post over on QW and PaulW was kind enough to walk me through the last few steps on picture posting there. That is that site's biggest issue for me technically, but otherwise has none of the limitations I am finding so painful here now as a higher volume reader and poster, though fading back now. But as noted, traffic there is light so it has its other user limits there too. On the other hand, for a D4 the tumble weeds are blowing through the D4 board here more or less too, so if I migrate there or D5 (or R8), a full board cut over is more likely. But then for full disclosure, QW just got sold to the company that owns the seemingly most active R8 forum (R8 talk), which I know uses this same software platform. So despite their assurances, that party may come to an end one day too.

Meanwhile, I am responding to some posts here for now as you can perhaps see given the simplistic only view now available. As a direct result of the software change, it is definitely much slower to me to respond in larger volume visual sorting type approaches I used before, so if I don't get to yours and you care, let AW know. I'm also typically only responding once in a series of thread posts instead of in parallel to a number of specific replies, so some incremental information is getting self edited out there that I used to post incrementally. It is a definite incremental chore to look at the board and decide to open a given post now, so my net interest in getting on the site over the course of a day, and especially multiple times, is down as well. I am literally only opening half or less of the threads I used to before the change, since I have only the initial title to go on (plus original poster and latest response), instead of any intermediate titles like before. I draw it out just because otherwise it is kind of hard to measure the absence of something otherwise unseen. Oh well...

If I do new meaty content, I still plan to be putting that elsewhere as things and platforms stand now. As noted both in this thread by a few others and by me to AW trying to get somewhere on this, it is ultimately the content that matters. I view the system software as more just "plumbing," which in my case anyway is making my work and efforts to help harder, not easier.

And yes for Mister Bally and others, likewise about the only benefit I have (not) seen so far now that you mention it is Mr. Nyugen's vinyl post spam is now all truncated. I suggested to him once to tone down the post volume to perhaps ultimately help his business; he seemed polite enough. But again another reflection I guess of a commercial site where ultimately many things are for sale. On some of the "tumbleweed" boards like the R8 and others, often his messages almost laughably overwhelm most anything else back in the old threaded mode I used. Then again, since post quantity AND quality are what matter, I found this isn't the go to site for R8s anyway, and fortunately I guess so far there isn't much business wrapping Q5's either.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 04-07-2015 at 12:33 AM.