A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Repair Manual

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 08:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you tried the online web browser Bentley?
Important news about your eBahn Desktop Volkswagen & Audi Repair Information - Online Access Now Available through our eBahn Web Early BETA website
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As an extension of your existing eBahn for Windows license, we are now offering access to the Early Beta version of our eBahn Web website to registered users of our eBahn Desktop manuals. The Volkswagen and Audi automotive repair information that you access with your eBahn Desktop manual is now available through this eBahn Web online portal.

To access the repair information

Login with your email address and password at http://ebahn.bentleypublishers.com.
Use the same email address you used to register your eBahn Desktop manual, very likely the same one I sent this email to. If you don't have your password, or if you've forgotten it, click on the "Forgot My Password" button.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jeffkruse
it was 89 with frt
Ordering today! Thank you.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Bentley - and use its search function! TSBs are all there. There is a LOT of new info in the TSBs

And thanks WC S8 for the link to the beta thing; hopefully it'll consolidate and clarify all the stuff they learned by "empirical data", e.g. my (early 2004 AKA 2003) passenger side window shattered because the door was closed while the window was open - due to a sheetmetal protrusion inside the door. Oops, Art had them filed off while in for service but somehow mine slipped past.

Tom
Old 05-23-2017, 12:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi,
Does anyone know if Bentley document is same or not to official Audi workshop doc in below link?

A8 Parts Forum

Cheers
Tom
Old 05-25-2017, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Any one owns a Bentley CD can help?

Just dont want to buy the manual and then find same to the Audi official workshop manual which can be downloaded.

Cheers
Old 05-25-2017, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

No, not the same.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Are you a shop? Or expect your car to break down often? Why would you want a cd that can only be used with obsolete OS? Why would you think Audi official manual is less comprehensive then Bentley?
With your logic, I don't know any of them would help.
Cheers,
Louis
Old 05-25-2017, 10:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
Are you a shop? Or expect your car to break down often? Why would you want a cd that can only be used with obsolete OS? Why would you think Audi official manual is less comprehensive then Bentley?
With your logic, I don't know any of them would help.
Cheers,
Louis
For example, I'm replacing valve cover gasket. Per Audi official manual, the step is very simple. So I'd like to have following:

1. more detailed steps, i.e. it took me a lot of time to remove certain screws. If they can provide some tools photo, it will be beneficial.
2. part number, it's not listed in Audi manual.
3. error code explanation, etc.

I don't mind it can only be opened on a XP. I work in IT and no problem to setup a virtual machine.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts

Getting back to the question/point, the Bentley manual is based on Audi documentation though not "the same." Thus, relatively detailed, factory sourced pictures and so on. Also includes the Audi TSB, in the original form issued by Audi. Yes, it runs only on XP, but that is what I run one my obsolete little laptop w/ VCDS too. Something broke with the Audi-Bentley relationship some years ago now, hence it never got revised beyond XP and you can't get any newer Audi manuals from Bentley for other models.

You can also pay for a short term license to ErWin if you are Windows based (expensive for any long term use) and download anything you want, or get alldatadiy for a browser based one that is somewhat more basic. I use Bentley and alldata.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

https://erwin.audiusa.com/erwin/showHome.do

​​​​​​Pay for the 1 day Access, and download everything on your car as a PDF. It's $35.

Quick Reply: Best Repair Manual