A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Module Location?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by the_duke
Sounds like it's time to find a new shop.
+1
Old 01-31-2016, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was feeling lucky this weekend, so I dug out the module ( I only broke the dead pedal screw hole

I hoped that unplugging it would at best reset it to functionality or at worse stop the radio and Nav from cutting in and out, but what it did instead was disable the MMI.

I've read in other forums people have had the circuit board re soldered or even baked in in an oven or under a heat gun to reflow the solder.

I know the solution is to just buy a new module, but I'm likely to sell the car and want to minimize my losses.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Crisis3
I was feeling lucky this weekend, so I dug out the module ( I only broke the dead pedal screw hole

I hoped that unplugging it would at best reset it to functionality or at worse stop the radio and Nav from cutting in and out, but what it did instead was disable the MMI.

I've read in other forums people have had the circuit board re soldered or even baked in in an oven or under a heat gun to reflow the solder.

I know the solution is to just buy a new module, but I'm likely to sell the car and want to minimize my losses.
Just get the part number off scan or the unit and get a used one off eBay.
If it's the old fixed phone box they are cheap.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by storka
Just get the part number off scan or the unit and get a used one off eBay.
If it's the old fixed phone box they are cheap.
Storka

I saw one of your older posts about connecting a fiber optic loop. Am I understanding that this can be placed instead of the Bluetooth Module to isolate it from the system?

If so, where would I get one that matches the pin connection, is it a dealer part or would I get one from a auto stereo shop?

I want to be sure its the blue tooth module and not the Bose amplifier.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2016, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Storka

I saw one of your older posts about connecting a fiber optic loop. Am I understanding that this can be placed instead of the Bluetooth Module to isolate it from the system?

If so, where would I get one that matches the pin connection, is it a dealer part or would I get one from a auto stereo shop?

I want to be sure its the blue tooth module and not the Bose amplifier.

Thanks
Check post #15?
Old 02-01-2016, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

On eBay
Yes system will work with loop
Probably best way to be sure
Old 02-01-2016, 01:09 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mishar
Check post #15?
From Mishar's POST #15..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-A8-D3-A4-B8-Fibre-Optic-Bypass-Loop-Diagnostic-Connector-4E0973802-/191761684314?rmvSB=true
Old 02-01-2016, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've got the part, I assumed the thick wire with the white slide clip is what I plug into, but the end of it is not a match. Could it be the thinner wire? I assumed that was power.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Found a similar video attaching loop to amp, the smaller wire is what I need. I'll post results later.

Thanks all for your help
Old 02-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Found a similar video attaching loop to amp, the smaller wire is what I need. I'll post results later.

Thanks all for your help

I've got the part, I assumed the thick wire with the white slide clip is what I plug into, but the end of it is not a match. Could it be the thinner wire? I assumed that was power.
I am sorry, but you are making no sense, it is not a wire, it a fiber optic cable, please post a picture of the part you say you have, and be sure that the protection cap is removed from the bypass loop before you attempt to plug it in.

It is a simple as removing the fiber optic connection from your BT module and inserting it into the bypass loop, that is all, then see if your sound problem is corrected, it has nothing to do with power, it is the optic light that you will be sending on its way to the next module, therefore completing the fiber optic chain if in fact your BT module is faulty.

Pictured is a gateway module with the same protection cap the bypass loop comes with, remove the cap.

Attached Images    

Last edited by JohnnyJ A6Q; 02-01-2016 at 06:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Module Location?