A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Module Location?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Ummm kinda crazy, keep it simple as above
Use the fibre optic loop
If it solves the problem it means it is the bluetooth module
Then leave the same or better still but the second hand one of ebay. For the price you pay for a module to have bluetooth from your phone and the convenience is really peanuts and I'm very tight with money :-)

It is very simple and once you have done it you will smile when you get it all working properly. I left mine for 1 month then had enough and when I got it back it was great.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Classic example showing why the proper service manual is required for testing & troubleshooting these cars.
Online videos can cause more harm than good in some cases.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:11 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Bally
Classic example showing why the proper service manual is required for testing & troubleshooting these cars.
Online videos can cause more harm than good in some cases.
+1, Agreed, unless you are a car guy or girl, then it just comes to you, I don't need no stinking manual........

Although as I think about it, this site is like a giant manual !!!

Last edited by JohnnyJ A6Q; 02-02-2016 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, rather than connect the loop to the blue tooth feed, I connected it to the Amplifier (easier to get at) the repeating clicking noise and accompanying 2 seconds of audio silence went away, unfortunately all audio defaults to mute. It seems the amplifier must be properly connected for any sound to be functional. (I'm sure all you already knew that, but this is all new to me).

Since the clicking stopped while the loop was attached (before, it still clicked even when car and audio was off) it seems like the amp is the culprit.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket amp that will work with the car and its connections, or is this an OEM only situation?

P.S. Sorry this thread has drug on, but I'm learning as I'm going and frankly you guys are the only ones who remotely give a damn.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's a shame that you do not have a scan, I'd hate to see you throw money away, but with that said you may be on the right track with the Bose amp as to the clicking stopping when said amp was bypassed, and yes it is only OEM, as it has the fiber optics in it, here is a link to one on EBay at $125.00 used, and one at $75.00, be sure to check your parts numbers, or take a picture and post it here.

2004 2005 2006 Audi A8 D3 Bose Amplifier Amp 4E0 035 223 B | eBay

Bose Amplifier 2005 Audi A8 4E0 035 223A | eBay

Last edited by JohnnyJ A6Q; 02-02-2016 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Occasionally I get a bit of clicking on the radio, cd and ami.
A Mmi reset usually fixes it.
Have you tried a reset ? May or may not do anything.
Also have heard on a post recently someone had a Bluetooth problem and turned out to be the amp.
Anyway lot of cheap used modules out there. Seems to be a8 d3s being dismantled everywhere.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Maybe before replace something just try to update BT module? Software in our cars like to do s*it For example when i instal 5570 update and my battery goes out in one night. Just reinstalled update and its all good. It's almost free. CD's with update are all over the internet... just like instruction how to do it
Old 02-05-2016, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

We happen to have this issue in the shop now, sound comes on and off and there is a corresponding clicking from subwoofer in hat shelf. Here is where VCDS is helpful. Run the MOST ring test in applications menu. When you have multiple modules down, make an educated guess or go after the easiest first. The BMW tool works if you can't get the Audi tool as easily. With the phone module MOST connector plugged into the test ring, bypassing the phone module, all other modules are now happy.
Attached Images    
Old 02-07-2016, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Flying Dog thanks for posting the scan. It gave me hope that my issue was the BT module and not the Bose Amp. I plugged my loop in to the BT fiber optic and problem solved!
Old 02-07-2016, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Crisis3
Flying Dog thanks for posting the scan. It gave me hope that my issue was the BT module and not the Bose Amp. I plugged my loop in to the BT fiber optic and problem solved!
Glad to hear that solved your problem, now you know what's faulty. Do you now see the value of proper diagnostics equipment?

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Module Location?