A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converted to coil springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KevinsAudi
I'd be interested in knowing how to knock out that stupid light also.

Will my local mechanic have the tool to do this?

Use LCH to subtract 00064 from channel 001 of module 0x07
Remove 0x34 from GW install list, and unplug/loop out module 0x34.
Edit: Not sure how/if this will affect Distance Regulation (ACC) and RVC if you have them...

For what it's worth, I liked the idea of Bilstein & KYB struts with the awesome Eibach springs. I was gun-shy about Strutmasters themselves, as their rep stunk online in a bunch of forums. Good product, but they act like they don't give a crap once they have your money.

I got my Audi A8 Conversion kit through American Air Suspension. Me & my buddy(ok,mostly my buddy) did the install on a Saturday afternoon/evening. We had a question on the install and called for S & G's....8:30 pm Sat. = no answer. We emailed and received an answer within 10 minutes!....on a Saturday evening! Was super happy with the service and the kit.
you are right about Strut Master's attitude after making the sale. I felt that the front struts had a slight curve in them so I ask them and they explained that they were made like that on purpose. I almost returned them due to the way they acted after the sale but I needed them ......

I ended up paying $1300 pick up at their place using my dealer discount. Looking at them im positive I can replicate the set up seems pretty straight forward. I have the part numbers for the struts and springs, prices for them are not that bad if bought individually.

With all that said I love them and have no issues about the comfort and allignment
Old 05-22-2015, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

KYB+Bilstein was the preferred "auto leveling delete" for my e34 M5 and I loved the way it handled. A bit more firm but a nice ride. You could actually change the damping on the shocks that I had, not sure what exact model they were.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jamm220
you are right about Strut Master's attitude after making the sale. I felt that the front struts had a slight curve in them so I ask them and they explained that they were made like that on purpose. I almost returned them due to the way they acted after the sale but I needed them ......

I ended up paying $1300 pick up at their place using my dealer discount. Looking at them im positive I can replicate the set up seems pretty straight forward. I have the part numbers for the struts and springs, prices for them are not that bad if bought individually.

With all that said I love them and have no issues about the comfort and allignment
If you have the partnumbers, feel free to post them! I am thinking about ordering a set.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by blankhopp
If you have the partnumbers, feel free to post them! I am thinking about ordering a set.
sorry for the late response ill be getting up under the car this weekend will do
Old 06-07-2015, 02:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jamm220
sorry for the late response ill be getting up under the car this weekend will do
Thank you!
Old 06-09-2015, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default some people have complained about noises after

converting to springs.

I wonder if the bushings or control arms are the cause ?
anyone had this issue after conversion ?
(I am considering conversion by November)
Old 06-24-2015, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by allenst
very easy fix
would you please share more detail?
Old 10-26-2015, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by sb7991
Recently switched to conventional suspension, using Strutmasters kits. Does anyone know exactly how to deactivate air suspension through VCDS so I can get rid of the yellow light on my dash. Thanks.
thinking of doing the same on my 2006 a8. how much did you loose in the ride with the conversion?
Old 10-26-2015, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I recently rode in a d3 with the coil spring conversion. The only thing I can say is that that I will NEVER do that to mine.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by richard-tx
I recently rode in a d3 with the coil spring conversion. The only thing I can say is that that I will NEVER do that to mine.
Care to elaborate? Ride quality? Noise? Looks? Dashboard lights?

Quick Reply: Converted to coil springs