A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Differences between an 08' and 09' S8?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
Great, but what's on the menu?
Traditional meal! Turkey, mashed potatoes, carrot souffle, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole. You name it we will have it!
Old 11-25-2015, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Great, I'll be over. What time?
Old 11-25-2015, 09:24 AM
TFT
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Only 10? I see I have much work left to do! I'm just way to analytical when it comes to learning something new. I also tend to keep vehicles for a loooooooong time so want to make sure I get the right one.
I too am quite analytical and I search and buy exactly what I want so I keep my cars for a long time.
But at some point you have to make s decision and buy. Don't get paralyzed by analysis.
I had been searching for over a year when I found a 2008 S8 with the color and all the options I was looking for.
Every time I go in the garage and see that car a smile creeps across my face. When I start it up and here the roar of that MTM exhaust its almost like sex.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Great, I'll be over. What time?
See you at 14:00 GST.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

When I decided to get a big boy car, it took 9 months to whittle down the candidates and find the right car. It can take a bit of time not only to figure out what kind of car you want, but waiting for that right set of options, color, and price.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Out in front of Chip's place in Kits (Lululemon Founder) there parks a S8 V10, D3 later vintage, not sure what year but very nice.

They are rare up here, I'm thinking 1 or 2 a year maybe for sale. So wasn't an option for me, certainly at what I had budgeted.

Coming off the R -series in Volvo, which are actually quite fast (300HP turbo in a lighter car) a V-10 is a huge lump. The R I was getting 9 or 10L/100 km's. I don't think I've floored it yet with the 4.2 motor and crikey all that the fuel/carbon chucking out the tailpipe my average is at 13 L/100km. So from that perspective, the S8 is kinda lost on me.

I am selling '93 gts and might unload the TT as well, for a 911Cab after the doc gets his.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by TFT
I too am quite analytical and I search and buy exactly what I want so I keep my cars for a long time.
But at some point you have to make s decision and buy. Don't get paralyzed by analysis.
I had been searching for over a year when I found a 2008 S8 with the color and all the options I was looking for.
Every time I go in the garage and see that car a smile creeps across my face. When I start it up and here the roar of that MTM exhaust its almost like sex.
Hello,

Another person at the table. Welcome to the asylum!

BTW, I have a couple of cars to unload first so could be a couple of weeks or months until I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Originally Posted by Hannibalacp82
See you at 14:00 GST.
Set me a place!

Originally Posted by Jack88
When I decided to get a big boy car, it took 9 months to whittle down the candidates and find the right car. It can take a bit of time not only to figure out what kind of car you want, but waiting for that right set of options, color, and price.
I use to have this saying up on my Rennlist signature, "The journey IS the destination" and that is the truth. I relish my time here and on other sites making new friends with common interests. Also look forward to meeting at some point. Whenever I have picked up a Porsche in the past, I'd make a point to meet up with whoever I'd tormented along the way.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

I narrowed my search down to a 2008 (price range) but TFT bought the one I wanted, so I had to continue the search. Found a 2009 at the high end of my price range so pulled the trigger. Honestly I don't know what the differences are from 08'-09'. I know from 07' to 08' there are subtle differences such as foglights, taillights and differential ratio. Other than those three things not much difference going forward.
Happy Thanksgiving to all who will be celebrating!
Old 11-25-2015, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jack88
Don't get me wrong I agree 100% But once I made up my mind that I was going to by a Honda S2000 and then an Audi S8 I moved quickly. Both cars were found within 10 minutes of the seller posting them and deals were arranged over the phone pending a visit and an inspection checking out.

Once you make up your mind you have to hustle to find what you want. I had 3 S2Ks sell out from under me including one where the guy driving in to the dealership in front of my bought the car. In the end I couldn't be happier with the S or the S (love saying that) but I was a motivated buyer when the time came to drop the cash.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hannibalacp82
Don't get me wrong I agree 100% But once I made up my mind that I was going to by a Honda S2000 and then an Audi S8 I moved quickly. Both cars were found within 10 minutes of the seller posting them and deals were arranged over the phone pending a visit and an inspection checking out.

Once you make up your mind you have to hustle to find what you want. I had 3 S2Ks sell out from under me including one where the guy driving in to the dealership in front of my bought the car. In the end I couldn't be happier with the S or the S (love saying that) but I was a motivated buyer when the time came to drop the cash.
And that'll be me no doubt. Have bought 9 Porsche's in the last 4 years (granted many were 944's but they still count!), so I know how to act fast.

Quick Reply: Differences between an 08' and 09' S8?